1.    #1  
    I had read of others who had this problem and the references kept comming back to versamail. I turned of the alerts for versamail and still got the same thing after hotsyncing.
    When I hit the goto button it took me back to my hotsync log, which is leading me to believe that it's not versamail. This is with a Verizon account and just started today.
    I hope someone can help with this pain in my &*^*&%

Thanks in advanced
    Shot in the dark here:

When I was having trouble with VersaMail (and I don't remenber what it was) another forum member instructed me to go into accounts within VersaMail and delete the "offending" account and then re-set it up.

This did cure my problem. Probably some corruption that was erased with the delete of the particular account.

Cheers, Perry.
  3.    #3  
    versamail has been reset, It doesn't seem to be versamail. I am getting the alerts fine for the auto fetch. When I get these ghost alerts it always takes me back to hotsync.
    Stumped.
  5.    #5  
    Bump:
    This is still an issue on my bosses verizon 650 I have never seen this on my sprint.
    After Hotsync and after soft resets, a blank alert shows up. It is realy been anoying him and I am tired of hearing about it. I thought maybe by giving this thread a bump, someone might have seen this issue or might have an idea now

thanks
    There's always next year!
    started on me today....
    tried using izymail for pop access to hotmail
    server time issues...comes back failed, i clear it but butler keeps nagging me that i missed an alert yet there are none. butler wasn't at fault..it was palm
    try stopping the offending account from fetching during hotsync...maybe the port/server is blocked from work where he might be trying to fetch a personal account.
  7.    #7  
    I tried everything else with versamail which never helped. I will try looking at the sync tomorrow when i am in front of his computer.
    Thanks
    There's always next year!