1.    #1  
    I've read as much as I can stomach here at TreoCentral on the subject of hotsyncing via Bluetooth. I can't make head nor tails of it all (and I consider myself pretty computer literate).

I'm looking for a recommendation for a Bluetooth adapter (USB) that I can plug into my laptop (running WinXP) and/or my work computer (also running WinXP).

I'd like to be able to hotsync wirelessly with a minimal amount of aggravation. I don't really understand the difference in Bluetooth protocols but understand that the Sprint Treo 650 is BT 1.1 compliant and therefore assume I must have a BT 1.1 (not 1.2) adapter.

Any recommendation as far as make/model for the adapter. I've got a $40 GC from CircuitCity that I'd like to use for this purchase.

Thanks!

2. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbroom
    I've read as much as I can stomach here at TreoCentral on the subject of hotsyncing via Bluetooth. I can't make head nor tails of it all (and I consider myself pretty computer literate).

I'm looking for a recommendation for a Bluetooth adapter (USB) that I can plug into my laptop (running WinXP) and/or my work computer (also running WinXP).

I'd like to be able to hotsync wirelessly with a minimal amount of aggravation. I don't really understand the difference in Bluetooth protocols but understand that the Sprint Treo 650 is BT 1.1 compliant and therefore assume I must have a BT 1.1 (not 1.2) adapter.

Any recommendation as far as make/model for the adapter. I've got a $40 GC from CircuitCity that I'd like to use for this purchase.

Thanks!

Does the adapter have to be USB. I ask cause I use a PCMCIA adapter from Billionton. It is great, it sits flush, has all the profiles you would need, great range, and above all the drivers are outstanding!! Save that CC GC for something else and go with this card. I spent a long time on researching these things and I found that the 2 best ones I could find were the Billionton card and a 3Com card, both sit flush. Sitting flush is a big thing for me as I don't want it catching on anything and breaking a USB port. Also, since it sits flush I can leave it in all the TIME. Check it out and you might agree with me.
  3.    #3  
    I could definitely go PCMCIA but was thinking USB so that I could take it to work if I wanted. I guess I could just take the hotsync cable and leave it at work.
  4. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Thunderbroom
    I could definitely go PCMCIA but was thinking USB so that I could take it to work if I wanted. I guess I could just take the hotsync cable and leave it at work.
    Buy one of the cheap USB ones for work. Trust me, you will not regret having not to plug in and out a USB adapter for your laptop.