Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast
  1.    #1  
    LudusW is the successor to SharkMsg. It brings the two biggest features of the 700w (auto SMS response and voicemail pad) to your 650/600 and costs $10. It adds these features to SharkMsg v1.45:

-Exceptions: Custom actions for different contacts
    -Wildcards: Customize the SMS based on the caller's info (name, email, company, phone number, etc...)

Voicemail Pad presents you with a simple pad with presets for the major carriers when you dial in to your voicemail. Instead of remembering that 4 is replay, 7 is delete, and 9 is save, just use VMP's finger press-able buttons or the 5way nav.

Please note: LudusW is TOTALLY free for the normal SharkMsg functions, and these basic functions will remain free as will any bugfixes. You are only paying the $10 for use of any of the advanced features.

if this sounds interesting, please check out LudusW here: http://www.ludustech.com/ludusw/

best regards, tyler
    Hey Tyler:

This looks great! The VoiceMail Pad takes the effort out of remembering the
    voicemail commands.

BTW, how do you set one of the SMS messages as a default message?

Dave
  3.    #3  
    thanks dave! default sms is only for AutoSMS. if you have AutoSMS: Mobile or All as your action in LududsW, another pop up will appear letting you choose the default SMS

best regards, tyler
    Great app. Tyler! You've got my $10.00.

When you tested all those Treo specific apps. this past weekend, was it to prevent conflicts with LudusW?
    I couldn't get the voicemail pad to engage after dialing voicemail
    La Vie En Diaspora: Enfin, une émission qui raconte votre vie aux Etats-Unis

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

About me: story of the 100thMonkey
  6.    #6  
    100th Monkey- are you running any other treo utilities?
    sure lots, Butler, Chatter, KeyGuardTime, BackupMan, mVoice, ZLauncher, and ProfileCare. I have 2dial disabled, but it works fine with my other apps when enabled

Treo 600 in December '03, Treo 650 in February '05, HTC TyTN Pro in August '06, and back to Treo 750 in January '07, find me at MyTreo.net

8.    #8  
    since VMP uses a pop up pad and lets you stay in the phone app (as opposed to 2dial's approach) other utils might affect it. do any of those apps modify the call screen?

also, can i just confirm the simple things: the VM number matches the number you dial for VM, and the checkbox is enabled?

regards, tyler
    One question - are you not infringing on Palm's patent with the VMP?

Surur
    Last edited by surur; 01/16/2006 at 01:02 PM.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Uninstall SharkMsg or is disabling enough?
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkboy717
    since VMP uses a pop up pad and lets you stay in the phone app (as opposed to 2dial's approach) other utils might affect it. do any of those apps modify the call screen?

also, can i just confirm the simple things: the VM number matches the number you dial for VM, and the checkbox is enabled?

regards, tyler
    I used the import function in the options for the VM number and yes, its enabled. No, none of the other apps display during a call

Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by 100thMonkey
    I used the import function in the options for the VM number and yes, its enabled. No, none of the other apps display during a call
    I also can't get VMP to work. When I import my VM number it does so without the dashes. Does it matter (i.e when I call my vm it appears as XXX-XXX-XXXX)?
  13.    #13  
    hi! alright, no problem. this is where the log will come in handy. rigo - are you also on a GSM phone?

can i ask you two to go into Log and enable full debugging and then call your voicemail and hang up and then tell me what hte log says? (i just need the EventType: entries)

thanks very much! regards, tyler

surur- i'm not a lawyer but i doubt this is an infringement. i'm using a radically different method and all the development was done before i saw a Treo 700w's method (i now own one and have seen their VCR controls).
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    When I have Manual:Mobile enabled the pop up to send an sms appears when I get a BlockedId caller. It also sends an SMS after ignoring a blockedID caller when I have AutoSMS:Mobile enabled. This probably shouldn't be happening since it's impossible to send an sms to a blocked caller.
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by sharkboy717
    hi! alright, no problem. this is where the log will come in handy. rigo - are you also on a GSM phone?

can i ask you two to go into Log and enable full debugging and then call your voicemail and hang up and then tell me what hte log says? (i just need the EventType: entries)

thanks very much! regards, tyler

surur- i'm not a lawyer but i doubt this is an infringement. i'm using a radically different method and all the development was done before i saw a Treo 700w's method (i now own one and have seen their VCR controls).
    Sprint CDMA 650

EventType: 39
    EventType: 9
    EventType:11
    EventType:25
    $10 says Volumecare is conflicting with VMP
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  17.    #17  
    rigo, that's exactly what it's supposed to be . can you just quickly disable your other utilities and tell me if that lets it work?

thanks! regards, tyler
  18.    #18  
    scottymomo- i just installed Volumecare and it works wonderfullly with VMP

cheers, tyler
    mine says
    GSM
    Event Type:39
    Event Type:24
    Event Type:41
    Event Type:41
    Event Type:9
    Event Type:3
    Event Type:2
    Event Type:12
    Event Type:24

hmm, just a thought, I have the Treo enter the password instead of LudusW, could that be the problem?

Page 1 of 11 123456 ... LastLast