Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567891011 LastLast
    With LudusW installed and enabled (SMS and Voicemail) I'm getting 8 seconds. Oddly my speed test is the same with it disabled. I haven't tried it with the app uninstalled.
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    MarkY:you running 2.2?
    I'll try with it enabled.
    Sprint 700p
    Quote Originally Posted by JayL
    MarkY:you running 2.2?
    Yes.
  4.    #104  
    Hi! Woah, no way is LudusW affecting Igor's test. LudusW doesn't touch HEDE. EVER. the only notifications are as follows:

-HotSync Start/End (no speed delay)
    -Treo Phone library (no delay again)
    -Character notify is ONLY enabled during a Voicemail call. (minimal delay, will not cause a difference)

if you've seen any of my other apps that do in fact grab hede, you know i always use native ARM code. this code is on the order of thousands of times more efficient than standard hede handling methods.

sorry to have jumped like this, but efficiency is something i take incredibly seriously.

regards, tyler
    Am I correct to assume that Ludus' SMS feature accomplishes nothing unless your caller is calling you from a cell phone?
    1. HTC Touch Dual Neon 300, Stock Rom
    2. AT&T Tilt (Refurb) with DK.8 Rom (collecting dust)
  6.    #106  
    MVT- that is correct. Except if the recipient has a Sprint Text to Landline service, in which case they can receive the text messages just fine.

regards, tyler
    I've read something about the new GSM update having some kind of SMS sending feature?

Anyone know what this is about and if it's anything like what SharkMSG / LudusW does?
    Global Posts
    277 Global Posts
    well I deleted and reinstalled:
    now I get the same results as when not installed, great!

now I have to go through my progs and find the random slowdown
    Sprint 700p
    today I called the credit union and the VMP came up and dialed my password. I was unable to reproduce this though. I have the log and I will send it. has anyone else experienced this?
    Wisdom sheds light on the knowledge you have accumulated

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    the call wasn't in the log

Palm Pre (Sprint)
  11.    #111  
    hi franko! all tomorrow afternoon will be debugging and getting v2.3 ready to go. i will send you an email tomorrow.

best regards, tyler
    Thanks

Palm Pre (Sprint)
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Question- LudusW is not supposed to work during call waiting, right?
    Just purchased and played around a bit... so far so good...

I realize this would be a major addition, but at somepoint in the future I wouldn't mind seeing something like a "calendar" option in addition to the "manual" and "auto" options.

It would do something to the effect of on an unanswered call, check the calendar for the current date/time. If nothing scheduled->do nothing. If in the middle of an appointment->return wildcard options: "apptName," "endTime", possibly others and send out the selected message (i.e. I'm at $apptName until $endTime. I'll get back to you after that.)

Is this even a feasible option?

Thanks for the great program...
    whitefokes, I was just thinking about that. I think it will put this app to the must have list.
    Treoing & Loving it
  16.    #116  
    yeah, that's a sweet idea. I heard that one from Kirvin as well. Let me just fix up VMP for sure this afternoon and then i will add in scheduling support (including Calendar watching)

best regards, tyler
    Global Posts
    196 Global Posts
    Someone had asked about possible integration with ProfileCare- any chance of this in the future?
    Last edited by rigo; 01/21/2006 at 09:18 PM.
    I was never able to get any part of Ludus to work, but now that I just did the new gsm treo updater, I'm getting the sms to work. However, the VMP doesn't work at all. Not sure why. I've checked enabled, done the get preset number. I've tried holding down the options key, but i still can't get it to work.
    Waynew73

(m105 => IIIxe => VIIx =>Tungsten T => i705 => Treo 600 => T-MO MDA => HTC Tytn = HTC Tilt & T-MO Dash => HTC TouchPro & HTC S740 => Palm Pre)
    Man, I've spent a lot of money and time on these things!!
  19.    #119  
    hi! two things to check:

a) when you call voicemail, the number it's dialing minus any dashes equals the preset in LudusW
    b) go into Log and put on full debugging, then call voicemail and tell me what EventTypes are displayed

tahnks! regards, tyler
    Hi Tyler! I sent you a email with the log file attached. When I attempt to dial vmail my phone resets. #*377 says: A reset was caused on 1/20/06 at 6:18 pm while running "LudusW":

Form68K.c, Line:1771, No form event handler

This is on a Treo 650 unbranded GSM. HTH.