1.    #1  
    I was wondering if some problems I was having in moving Handmark Express cmponenets to the card will be solved by deleting these 2 files (one in RAM and the other on the card).

Is there any harm in deleting these files? Won't the OS re-create these from scratch, thereby fixing any glitches, if any...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  2. tmt
    Yes, it's safe to delete both. They'll be recreated. Your launcher categories will be lost, however.
    FYI, deleting that file will totally fubar your setting if you use something like zlauncher etc...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    By the way, I have found that psysLaunchDB is always locked (even on a warm reset) and cannot e deleted without some special technique.

FileZ and Explorer cannot change the attribute because the file is open and in use (by Applications).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I can delete it no problems with resco explorer. Like someone said it will be recreated on a reset and your categories will be lost. Its a shame though because it does take up some space. My psysLaunchDB file is 1300kb.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
  6.    #6  
    You are using Zlauncher, I'm guessing.

Has anyone with standard Applications only deleted this file?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    No, I am not using zlauncher.
    Everex Freestyle - Casio E-105 - Palm Vx - Treo 90 - Treo 300 - Treo 600 - Treo 650 - Treo 700p -Centro
  8.    #8  
    Initiate, then. The point is it's not the Applications launcher..
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM