Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Any 700w users have any experience pairing with the H700 bluetooth earpiece?
    Was wondering if it didn't have the glitches seen using the Treo 650...
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Plasmo, I received my H700 today. It paired perfectly with my 700w. Once I had the 700w search for BT devices, it quickly discovered the headset and recognized it as the "Motorola H700." The sound quality is fantastic, much clearer than the Palm BT headset I was using with my 650.

Size wise, the H700 is pretty tiny. Fits really comfortably on my ear. Volume was fine, but the only calls I have made have been indoors. The true test will be making calls while I'm outside in a noisier enviorment. Adjusting the volume on the 700w did not cause any problems with the H700.

Regarding signal strength, I walked about 15 feet away from my 700w while in the office. Reception remained clear with no signs of static. I'll do some further testing later tonight.

Overall, I'm very pleased with the H700. But if I'm going to be nitpicky, I'm not a big fan of the shiny chrome finish. Have a feeling it'll be a scratch magnet.
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Thanks for the info-
    I'm debating on getting the H700 vs. JX10

I would probably get the JX10 if it were less costly. Plus, i'm not sure which looks less conspicuous when wearing it.
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Oops, ran into a bug w/ the H700. If a call comes into the 700w and I attempt to answer the phone by flipping open the boom, nothing happens. I thought the H700 was designed to answer the phone in this manner, but it does not work this way with the 700w.

If I keep the boom open and a call comes in, I can answer the call fine. But this seems to defeat the purpose of keeping the boom closed, to preserve battery life.

I'm going to do some more testing tonight to see if any other quirks appear. I still think I'll keep the H700, as the sound quality and reception are quite good. The JX10 interests me also, but I'd rather not spend $150 on the headset. I already have blown my Treo budget by getting a SD card and a vaja case
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ucsdsig
    Oops, ran into a bug w/ the H700. If a call comes into the 700w and I attempt to answer the phone by flipping open the boom, nothing happens. I thought the H700 was designed to answer the phone in this manner, but it does not work this way with the 700w.
    I'm going to do some more testing tonight to see if any other quirks appear.
    Hmm. So how do you answer a call when the headset is Closed, and a call comes in? Is there an "answer button" on the headset - or is opening the headset the only way you can "answer"?

The JX10 interests me also, but I'd rather not spend $150 on the headset. I already have blown my Treo budget by getting a SD card and a vaja case
    I hear ya. I just ordered a Vaja T7 myself. I already had a 1GB SD card from my old Navman... I gotta also get a cheap headphone adapter too from somewhere that doesn't rip me off with shipping costs...
    Global Posts
    76 Global Posts
    I retruned my H700, and got a JX10 today. I am much happier with the JX10
    (note I am using a T650 on Verizon). The JX10's features all work fine on the 650 (including redial). I do not hear the hiss others have complained about (but my hearing sucks). I am much happier with the JX10.
    Plasmo: I think the JX10 is less obtrusive than the H700. It's color and shape may make it more so, but it is smaller (roughly the same size as the H700 with boom folded) and the LED is much less offensive. I will probably cover most of it up with nail polish, though.
    Bill
    Global Posts
    130 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by plasmo
    Hmm. So how do you answer a call when the headset is Closed, and a call comes in? Is there an "answer button" on the headset - or is opening the headset the only way you can "answer"?
    Hence the problem. In my limited time with the device, if the boom is shut and a phone call comes in, you cannot answer the call via flipping the boom open. What's worse, if the boom is closed, it seems you cannot transfer the call to the H700 even after answering via the 700w. The only solution is to keep the boom open at all times in order to answer the phone (either by hitting the call button on the H700 or by answering via the 700w and auto transferring to the H700).

Quote Originally Posted by plasmo
    I hear ya. I just ordered a Vaja T7 myself.
    Nice. Hope it comes quicker than the expected 45 days though!
    Global Posts
    445 Global Posts
    Hence the problem. In my limited time with the device, if the boom is shut and a phone call comes in, you cannot answer the call via flipping the boom open. What's worse, if the boom is closed, it seems you cannot transfer the call to the H700 even after answering via the 700w. The only solution is to keep the boom open at all times in order to answer the phone (either by hitting the call button on the H700 or by answering via the 700w and auto transferring to the H700).

Ugh. Hmm. That is a problem... I may have to go with the JX10 then...
    Hi all,

I have accidentally discovered a work-around for the problem with the Motorola H700 BT Headset, as far as it not connecting when the Boom is opened.

It works on my Treo-650, so it may work on the Treo-700 as well....

Go to Bluetooth on your treo... then setup devices... (your going to "pair" your headset with your treo again... after you pair the devices, change the headset/carkit option to "Car Kit".

Now your device should automatically connect to an incoming call when you "Open the Boom" on the headset.

The only flaw is, with it set to "Car Kit" your Treo will not "Wake up" with the push of the center button, (which seems to be useless anyway), it will however "wake up" with the flip of the boom.

I too like to have my headset in my pocket, and be able to take it out when my phone rings!

Hope this helps...
    i'm having similar problems iwth my 700p and the h700