1.    #1  
    I've been using ZLauncer for about 2-3 weeks now and decided to give initiate a try before I bought one. Both definately have their strengths and weaknesses, but wanted to see what some TC members thought of them both.

I initially found it hard to switch over to I8 (the first few hours where the hardest) but after two days I went back to ZL and noticed that some of the things I got use to in I8, I was missing in ZL....
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    I've tried both and ended up sticking with ZL. I could just never get used to the approach that I8 uses. Plus I like the way that ZL looks even though it is fairly bloated. I also owb LauncherX but unfortunately it is not being enhanced any longer (the author passed away) and you have toi use a hack to get the 5-way to work with it.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by TxDot
    I've tried both and ended up sticking with ZL. I could just never get used to the approach that I8 uses. Plus I like the way that ZL looks even though it is fairly bloated.
    Yeah, the approach is definately something different. The first day I had it I just knew I wasn't going to stick with it. But I promised myself I'd give it a week or so to get use to it (i.e. no ZLauncher). After the first full weekend, I think I8 is pulling ahead. It's definately faster to get where you want to go.

But you're right. It's not as pretty as ZL. My main sticking point now is that I really liked the today screen plugin with ZL. I know there's other programs that can do this, but I'm trying not to bog down my palm with additional programs if one can handle everything!