1.    #1  
    A few days ago I updated to OSX 10.4.4. Prior to this update, I had been using my bluetooth connection to sync my Treo 650 using Missing Sync 4.0.6 without a single problem for months now.

Immediately after the 10.4.4 update the bluetooth hotsync stopped working. I am getting an error message "Unable to initiate the Hotsync Operation because the port is in use by another application".

I have tried EVERYTHING I can think of to resolve, and nothing has worked. I tried repairing the connection, soft resets, disconnect and reconnect the BT adapter, reinstalled Sprint software, reinstalled Missing Sync, and nothing so far has worked.

I can sync perfectly with the USB hotsync cable every time. When I 'pair' the Treo with the Mac, I can the mac shows up immediately, so I know the bluetooth connection is working. I can also access the phone when I select 'browse device' from the bluetooth menu.

It seems to me like it has something to do with the background monitoring that is listening for the incoming bluetooth connections.

Can anyone help me with this?
    Posting the same question 3 times in 15 minutes:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=104407

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=104406

Won't get you question answered any faster.

I would suggest you try the Treo + Mac Forum, but we'll no doubt end up with 20 more identical questions.
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Insertion
    Posting the same question 3 times in 15 minutes:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=104407

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=104406

Won't get you question answered any faster.

I would suggest you try the Treo + Mac Forum, but we'll no doubt end up with 20 more identical questions.
    What a punk. Not that I owe you an explanation, but when I was posting, the server stalled and I had to click multiple times to get it to post. I didnt realize the message would be posted multiple times.

You should keep your comments to yourself unless you have something productive to add. I dont think this is the first time I have seen you being an A-hole, but whatever. You gotta live with you.

Immediately after the 10.4.4 update the bluetooth hotsync stopped working. I am getting an error message "Unable to initiate the Hotsync Operation because the port is in use by another application".
    Everything ok here (Missing Sync 5.0.3 / OS X 10.4.4), you must have some unrelated problem. Are you sure you did not enable BT DUN on the Treo?

And BTW your "SUBMIT" button seems to be stuck in the browser ;-)
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by BNOYHTUAWB
    Everything ok here (Missing Sync 5.0.3 / OS X 10.4.4), you must have some unrelated problem. Are you sure you did not enable BT DUN on the Treo?

And BTW your "SUBMIT" button seems to be stuck in the browser ;-)
    I just checked and the DUN is OFF. And yes, I seem to have 'SUBMISSION' issues, but this I have resolved.
  6.    #6  
    One additional point. I can send a file to the Treo using BT with no problem. I just sent a PDF and it transfered right over and opened up without a problem.

Just cant sync with BT.
  7. MMT
    Another data point: mine works fine with 10.4.4 and Missing Sync over bluetooth. I didn't change anything; just fired up a BT Hotsync and it all worked. I am using Missing Sync 5.02. I would hazard a guess that your version 4 Missing Sync is the issue.
    I have exactly the same problem using Missing Sync 5.0.3.
    All was well until I upgraded to 10.4.4 then no B/T hotsync.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by jannymark
    I have exactly the same problem using Missing Sync 5.0.3.
    All was well until I upgraded to 10.4.4 then no B/T hotsync.
    Just to eliminate the possibility that the Treo was causing the problem, I did a little experiement.

I took the same bluetooth adapter off of my G4 desktop, and put it on my G4 powerbook. I didnt upgrade the OS on the powerbook yet, so it still has 10.4.2 installed. I have missing sync installed on both computers.

Hit the hotsync on the treo and it synced perfectly via bluetooth. I suppose this confirms that 1) the phone is fine. 2) the settings on the treo side are correct. 3) the problem was certainly caused by the 10.4.4 update somehow.

From all of the research and messing around, I am faily certain that the problem is related somehow to the Missing Sync Monitor that is listening for incoming bluetooth connections.

Still broken.
    no problems here so it's not a consistent problem