Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 40 of 63
  1. #21  
    so is the Cingular version working correctly?

    This sounds coool! Thanks for writing it!
  2. #22  
    ok, dled it.. working good on my cingular tro 650.

    but the menu options, seems to not be working? Also, even though I am signed on...it says I am still offline.

    Overall, this program ROCKS!!!! Very genious idea.

    Thanks much for devloping it!
  3. #23  
    I don't mind testing, if it results in something that works .. then by all means, let's keep trying.
  4. 500mL's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #24  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    ok, dled it.. working good on my cingular tro 650.

    but the menu options, seems to not be working? Also, even though I am signed on...it says I am still offline.

    Overall, this program ROCKS!!!! Very genious idea.

    Thanks much for devloping it!
    It's the same thing with mine. Are you using the actual SMS Chat app or the built-in Messaging app in Treo to send the messages?
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
  5. #25  
    500mL, i am using the actual built in chat app.

    I see no options in SMSChat 1.3 ...and are buddies supposed to appear? ...unknown. all i know is that i am able to send/recieve IM's

    I still use Verichat DATA w/ SMS mode ...but this program is pretty cool for TXT only plans.
  6.    #26  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    500mL, i am using the actual built in chat app.

    I see no options in SMSChat 1.3 ...and are buddies supposed to appear? ...unknown. all i know is that i am able to send/recieve IM's
    The fact that the program is showing up in the built in SMS application is a sign that it is dropping messages. I'm going to post one more test version to see if I can't keep it from dropping messages.

    This version doesn't have any CDMA specific fixes, but it should try and fix the dropping of messages on both Cingular and Sprint.

    Thanks again for trying these fixes. I'm going to edit my messages above to remove the other builds. They suck.

    Alright. Yet another fix. Thanks again everyone.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    -- Go Illini!
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    so is the Cingular version working correctly?

    This sounds coool! Thanks for writing it!
    I can't take much credit. The original author is Alan Penner. He used to post here, did a great job on this app. All the functionality (once I restore it) is to his credit. The only thing I did was make a few changes to let it work on a 600/650.

    I'd encourage anyone who likes the app (once I make it useful for people) to follow the original author's donation link. He did all the real work.
    -- Go Illini!
  8. 500mL's Avatar
    Posts
    101 Posts
    Global Posts
    102 Global Posts
    #28  
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisfoster
    The fact that the program is showing up in the built in SMS application is a sign that it is dropping messages. I'm going to post one more test version to see if I can't keep it from dropping messages.

    This version doesn't have any CDMA specific fixes, but it should try and fix the dropping of messages on both Cingular and Sprint.

    Thanks again for trying these fixes. I'm going to edit my messages above to remove the other builds. They suck.

    Alright. Yet another fix. Thanks again everyone.
    Yup it still does that. And I noticed that people in my buddy list do not all show up. I have people that are online using the mobile device/sidekick and they don't show.
    Sony Clie N610C Sony Clie N710C Sony Clie UX50 Palm Tungsten T|5 Locked Cingular Treo 650 Locked Cingular Treo 680
    "You see, Netherlands is this make-believe place where Peter Pan and Tinkerbell come from." - Joey Tribbiani
  9. #29  
    Yeah, they won't show up becuase SMSChat isn't capturing the SMS messages to tell it who's online/offline/etc. I don't know if the problem is the lack of registering for the SMS notify messages, or a failure to filter the incoming messages correctly ... but without the ability to receive the AOL specific messages, it won't work at all.
  10. #30  
    any updates for the Cingular Treos?

    I really like the concept and hope this program can become gold.
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by Lion
    Yeah, they won't show up becuase SMSChat isn't capturing the SMS messages to tell it who's online/offline/etc. I don't know if the problem is the lack of registering for the SMS notify messages, or a failure to filter the incoming messages correctly ... but without the ability to receive the AOL specific messages, it won't work at all.
    I'm pretty sure its the latter rather then the former. I need to add some debugging to be sure.

    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    any updates for the Cingular Treos?

    I really like the concept and hope this program can become gold.
    I really appreciate your enthusiasm. I kinda feel bad for the original author, when he released this app he was pounded. I feel honored by yourself and other's willingness to help me make this application better.

    I have to offer my apologies since I haven't be able to work on this since my last messages. This weekend will likewise be busy, but hopefully starting on Monday i'll be able to look at the code and put some debugging code in their for those who are adventurous enough to help out.

    Thanks again,

    Chris
    -- Go Illini!
  12. #32  
    Hey Chris, added your app to "IM options" sticky thread.

    Cheers!
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  13. #33  
    Chris, any updates for Cingular users?

    I am anxiously awaiting this cooool program!
  14.    #34  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    Chris, any updates for Cingular users?

    I am anxiously awaiting this cooool program!
    Hah. Your enthusiasm forced me leap into action!

    Attached is a completely untested test binary of 1.3 with more changes to the parsing code for incoming messages. It should try and recognize Cingular's messages, though if their format is significantly different then T-Mobile's then there's more work to be done.

    This version is for Cingular. Please remember that this is a test version, and I can't guarantee it won't make you, your Treo, or your AOL account spontaneously combust.

    Thanks again for your willingness to test this out.

    -Chris
    Last edited by chrisfoster; 01/24/2006 at 04:37 PM.
    -- Go Illini!
  15. #35  
    thanks very much for the update chris!


    Unfortunately, loaded it to my CIngular Treo 650 and no buddy lists show up.

    Also, at the bottom, it still says Offline.

    I did however recieve a SMS stating that my screen name is online (using Built in Palms messaging)
  16.    #36  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    thanks very much for the update chris!


    Unfortunately, loaded it to my CIngular Treo 650 and no buddy lists show up.

    Also, at the bottom, it still says Offline.

    I did however recieve a SMS stating that my screen name is online (using Built in Palms messaging)
    Do'oh! I found at least one more obvious error. Another try!

    If messages stop appearing in the built-in message program, but you still do not have a buddy list, be sure to try and refresh it by going into Buddy->Update List (Stroke-L).
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by chrisfoster; 01/24/2006 at 04:56 PM.
    -- Go Illini!
  17. #37  
    ok.... well, now I see that I am "Online"

    However, no buddy lists appear.

    When doing Stroke -L, I get Your buddy list has been updated, but I do not see any buddies

    Also, at the top drop down, all I see is X 4601
  18.    #38  
    Quote Originally Posted by trim81
    ok.... well, now I see that I am "Online"

    However, no buddy lists appear.

    When doing Stroke -L, I get Your buddy list has been updated, but I do not see any buddies

    Also, at the top drop down, all I see is X 4601
    Partial Success! You might want to try deleting the old version (In the Launcher) before installing the new one so as to get a fresh start.

    I'll keep working on it. I just got partial 5-way navigation support working, but I think they'll be more to do in terms of other-carrier support. Right now its basically a hack, one that will require making separate binaries for each carrier, which is kinda stupid.
    -- Go Illini!
  19. #39  
    Does this work for Sprint on a 650?
  20.    #40  
    Quote Originally Posted by jeff248
    Does this work for Sprint on a 650?
    It might. Cingular and Sprint use the same codes. But there might be other issues related to changing from GSM to CDMA that I have to resolve.
    -- Go Illini!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions