1.    #1  
    Is it possible to 'upgrade' the 650's SD card? I want to get a larger card, and transfer all the data on my current card to the new card, such as programs, Documents to Go documents, music, videos, pictures, etc, as well as any formatting or files that the Treo has put onto the card itself.

Is this possible?

Thanks
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by NoMorePPC_HA!!!
    Is it possible to 'upgrade' the 650's SD card? I want to get a larger card, and transfer all the data on my current card to the new card, such as programs, Documents to Go documents, music, videos, pictures, etc, as well as any formatting or files that the Treo has put onto the card itself.

Is this possible?

Thanks
    Absolutely.

There are numerous threads on this if you just go a few pages back in the archives.

But long story short... Max is 2Gb.

Use a card reader, or buy Softick Card Export II and access the SD card while inthe Treo (recommended) and copy all the data on your current card to a folder on your desktop..then insert the new card, format in the Treo if necessary, and copy from the desktop to you new card.

I prefer Softick over using a card reader...makes life really easy.
    Last edited by MikeM; 01/15/2006 at 09:03 AM.
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    If you use the card reader, create a temporary folder on your PC (such as TreoCard) and copy the SD card folders to the temp directory and then back to the new card. I also suggest formatting the new card in the Treo before copying the folders back to it.

Cheers, Perry
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/15/2006 at 08:31 PM.
    You may or may not need to format the card. Most cards are formatted with FAT16. I recently switched from a 1G card to a 2G. I could not format the card in the Treo. I kept getting a "invalid volume name" error. I just did the copy routine Perry mentioned above, and all was well.
    Zane