Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I have to say that DtG is one of the most fragile pieces of software I have ever seen.. I just don't understand why switching apps without closing the docs using the little red door causes DtG to go down in flames.. Is this just poor programming or a major limitation of the PalmOS? I know I haven't had issues like this with Mobile Office under PPC.. What is it about DtG that you can't take a phone call while in DtG without blowing it up? Why can't DtG successfully handle swaps like that? Why can't DtG handle minor issues like apps switching? I bought the Treo to use with StG.. If I have to constantly worry about it crashing all the time (like if I get a phone call in DtG), then I'll have to go to seperate PDA/phone again.. Then what is the point in having the Treo??

I have to say, when you put in a request for support about why DtG crashes like this and all they do is reply with the Datavis Twelve Steps to Recovery canned answer, it pisses me off.. And then I reply back asking why I should have to jump through hoops like that because of their shoddy programming, they blow me off.. Excellent customer service.. They must work for WalMart's web suggestion service..
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!
    Download the dataviz techtool and try to delete the DTG prefs:

http://download.dataviz.com/support/...ataviztech.prc

Also, make sure you have the latest version as well. I use DTG8 and after installin the latest patch dealing with OTA errors, I have had no issues with DTG...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Global Posts
    159 Global Posts
    I know all about the tech tool. I am just wondering why DtG is so flaky that they need the tech tool. Is it PalmOS or is it Dataviz?
    Unlocked Treo 650 (Nov 05) BTW: T-Zones sux!