1.    #1  
    I finally bought me a SD card for my 600. I have never used one before, here is what I got. A Lexar 2 gb. I have read good things about Lexar. Question, does this need to be formatted before using, or is it just put it in and all is good????

My plans are to use the Treo as a MP3 player. I have pocket tunes and might upgrade to delux. Apparently the diif. is WMA and online access to download. What are WMA files??

What is the clarity of pocket tunes as a MP3 Player???
    I do not know if this is necessary, but I have always formatted my cards WITH the Treo before use -- just to make sure they were "friends."

Enjoy your Card and your new "iPOD".

I use RealPlayer, but I understand that the people that use Pocket Tunes cannot say enough good things about it. PT plays a variety of formats (wma is one of them) and does "streaming" of Internet content.

Cheers, Perry.
    Last edited by gtwo; 01/13/2006 at 08:16 PM.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    but I have always formatted my cards WITH the Treo before use
    Cheers, Perry.

How do you format?? The card is in the package. Have NOT opened it yet. It cost almost $200 and wanted ALL of the info. first.

So, pkt tunes is a good proggy with good clarity.

Thanks....
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by Member
    My plans are to use the Treo as a MP3 player.
    OK, I get it.. No, I have an MP3 Player. I misinterpreted my intentions... I would LIKE to play MP3s on my Treo. Not to use as a primary. Just as an EXTRA that the treo is capable of. Just curious about pkt. tunes. I too have read positive comments, just wanted more feedback from users..

Thanks Perry.. I can see how u read it now....
    How do you format?? The card is in the package. Have NOT opened it yet. It cost almost $200 and wanted ALL of the info. first.

So, pkt tunes is a good proggy with good clarity.

Thanks....

$200 bucks?1 First of all, you payed way too much dude!

I bought the Adata 2GB 150x card for around $110 shipped a while ago and you can probably get them even cheaper than that. I personally would retrun that card and find a better deal, but ymmv...

Also, goto to system category > Card Info and there will be a menu option to format the card. I would try seeing if the card worked in the Treo before trying to format it. But if you have to, make sure to format on the Treo since it only recog Fat16 while you desktop will probably format the card Fat32 which would make unreadable on the Treo. If that doesn't work, then you will have to manually format the card to Fat16 via the command prompt. Search the forums for more detailed info...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Is this a Platinum Lexar? The regular 2 gb Lexar is cheaper than $200 here: http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Produc...ctCode=83069-2

Thank GFM for the link to that site once in another post! I have ordered twice from them, they are great!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    I would try seeing if the card worked in the Treo before trying to format it.
    So put the card in and see if it will accept data?? If not, then follow the instructions provided to format?? So formatting does NOT always have to be done????
    So put the card in and see if it will accept data?? If not, then follow the instructions provided to format?? So formatting does NOT always have to be done????
    My Adata 2GB card worked on my Treo right out the box...no formating needed. Just insert the card into the Treo and go to cardinfo under settings to see if it can recog and read the card properly first...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions