1.    #1  
    I've been using versamail with my 2 gmail accounts for the last few months. and everyday when it gets my email, it gets the mail from that date from the last few months too. like it will get my Jan 13 mail along with Dec 13, Nov 13....etc

I'm not paying for chatter as much as I like it. so is there a fix for this versamail problem?
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  2.    #2  
    thanks for the help guys
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    My guess is that nobody has seen that problem; I don't recall anything like it.

Marc
    I don't use gmail with VM.
    Does VM work correctly with any normal POP account? What settings are you using in VM?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  5.    #5  
    works great other than this. I have it autosync every 6 hours. like I said I've been using for months now. its just getting mail I don't need it to. like today I got sept-jan 14th mail.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  6.    #6  
    I use pop.gmail.com
    incoming server port 995 with SSL checked
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    I've been using gmail with Versamail and I have no problems.

In preferences menu, I set the "Server" setting to checked "Leave mail on server after downling to Versamail", and also checked "Delete mail on the server after deleting from Versamail.

Once in a blue moon I will start getting old messages, but I just delete the file "Multimail_Disconnect" with Filez, and it will stop doing that. Try checking what I checked under preferences, and also deleting the Multimail Disconnect file.
    For a non-gmail account, i started getting repeat downloads of e-mails. I deleted the account and set it up again and that fixed the problem.

I too use the same settings as chenling.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  9.    #9  
    but if I check delete from server, will it? cuz I like having the archive of my emails on gmail
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    If you leave it on the server, and emty the trash on the Treo, then I believe it will re-download the messages that satisfies it's filter criteria in

Preferences -Delivery Option - Get only Mail from last _____

unless Gmail is somehow fiddling with the message date ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  11.    #11  
    I have it set to retrieve only from last 1 day. and to leave on server cuz I like having a archived copy. that's what's great about gmail. always having a archived copy I could search easily for.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
    The way I have it set up it deletes the mail from my fone so that it doesn't download it back. However, the message stays on the server, which means if i check it with my PC, i can still see it. If anything, it is the "Multimail_Disconnect" file that gets corrupted or whatever, and then Versamail would start downloading old mail again.

Just try it with my settings, check both of those boxes, and delete multimail_disconnect (Versamail will recreate the file again anyway). I believe it would work the way you want it to. I've been deleting multimail_disconnect file with absolutely no adverse affects to anything. Leads me to think that the file tells Versamail what emails to pull, and that's the only thing that the file is used for. For example, if you pulled 3 out of 5 mails and cancel it and reset your fone, and you go back later to check email and it will remember to pull the other 2 files. I think these info is stored in multimail_disconnect file.

Just try it.
    Skip a weekend party at MTSU and buy chatter
  14.    #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by dutchtrumpet
    Skip a weekend party at MTSU and buy chatter
    not gonna happen.
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by chenling
    The way I have it set up it deletes the mail from my fone so that it doesn't download it back. However, the message stays on the server, which means if i check it with my PC, i can still see it. If anything, it is the "Multimail_Disconnect" file that gets corrupted or whatever, and then Versamail would start downloading old mail again.

Just try it with my settings, check both of those boxes, and delete multimail_disconnect (Versamail will recreate the file again anyway). I believe it would work the way you want it to. I've been deleting multimail_disconnect file with absolutely no adverse affects to anything. Leads me to think that the file tells Versamail what emails to pull, and that's the only thing that the file is used for. For example, if you pulled 3 out of 5 mails and cancel it and reset your fone, and you go back later to check email and it will remember to pull the other 2 files. I think these info is stored in multimail_disconnect file.

Just try it.

ok what do i need to delete that file? do i have to have Filez?
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"
  16.    #16  
    i deleted the 2 Gmail accounts i had in the treo, then under Gmail POP settings i checked only allow POP for email from this date forward. hopefully this fixes this.

maybe it was just becasue i went thru 2 FW updates and never changed the accounts i had in Versamail. maybe the updates to Versamail in those FW updates had an effect on the accounts i had setup already. we shall see...
    Nexus One
    HTC Inspire "4G"
    HP Veer "4G"