Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Ever since I got my Sprint Treo 650 (8 months ago), my keyboard buttons work intermittently.

90% of the time they are fine. But every once and awhile, some just decide to stop working. Like right now, my e, i, r, t, u, w, and y buttons don't work when I press them. The defective letters/numbers seem to change from episode to episode.

Sometimes I can get them to work if I press them repeatedly until the character appears (between 5 and 200 times). Other times I can get them to work if I press the button and just hold it down for 30 seconds to a minute. Sometimes I can get a character to work if I bypass the letter and then go back to it with my stylus and insert it. Resets sometimes work. Other times the buttons will only work if I lift my left leg up and extend my right arm at a 45 degree angle upward and look at the screen with one eye and stick my tongue out. But sometimes, none of the above works.

As you can imagine, it's an incredibly frustrating problem that really impacts my productivity not to mention my sanity.

I thought it was a problem only specific to my phone. But 3 months ago my wife bought a 650 and she is occasionally having the same problem. Fortunately, her episodes are much less frequent than mine and of shorter duration.

One time my "d" button stopped rebounding permanently. So I took it into the Sprint repair facility and they replaced my keyboard. My problems seemed to stop for about 2 months. But now they are back.

I've searched the forums and can't seem to find any info about this problem. Any suggestions?
    I know how you feel. I get the same thing. It's so frustrating because it only happens every now & then. Another one of those little things I've learn to live with.
    Make It Happen!!
    If you don't, who will?
    Quote Originally Posted by k1dude
    Ever since I got my Sprint Treo 650 (8 months ago), my keyboard buttons work intermittently.

90% of the time they are fine. But every once and awhile, some just decide to stop working. Like right now, my e, i, r, t, u, w, and y buttons don't work when I press them. The defective letters/numbers seem to change from episode to episode.

Sometimes I can get them to work if I press them repeatedly until the character appears (between 5 and 200 times). Other times I can get them to work if I press the button and just hold it down for 30 seconds to a minute. Sometimes I can get a character to work if I bypass the letter and then go back to it with my stylus and insert it. Resets sometimes work. Other times the buttons will only work if I lift my left leg up and extend my right arm at a 45 degree angle upward and look at the screen with one eye and stick my tongue out. But sometimes, none of the above works.

As you can imagine, it's an incredibly frustrating problem that really impacts my productivity not to mention my sanity.

I thought it was a problem only specific to my phone. But 3 months ago my wife bought a 650 and she is occasionally having the same problem. Fortunately, her episodes are much less frequent than mine and of shorter duration.

One time my "d" button stopped rebounding permanently. So I took it into the Sprint repair facility and they replaced my keyboard. My problems seemed to stop for about 2 months. But now they are back.

I've searched the forums and can't seem to find any info about this problem. Any suggestions?
    This is a very long stretch of the imagination, for I have never heard of this problem being caused by prior device settings being brought forward to the 650 -- but I will mention it just for the heck of it ---- did you upgrade to your 650s by directly hotsyncing to the userid of any prior PalmOS device? If so, a clean install is in order:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=clean+install

Cheers, Perry
    Global Posts
    74 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    This is a very long stretch of the imagination, for I have never heard of this problem being caused by prior device settings being brought forward to the 650 -- but I will mention it just for the heck of it ---- did you upgrade to your 650s by directly hotsyncing to the userid of any prior PalmOS device? If so, a clean install is in order:

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...=clean+install

Cheers, Perry
    It's a clean install. I'd never had a PDA prior to purchasing the 650. All software and installation was new and clean.