1.    #1  
    Well I upgraded to version 8 because of the pdf support.. I am a constractor and scan many docs into the pc and convert to pdf so my thought was I could have all my files on the treo 1gig card.. If i have to send each FILE individually rather than just copy folders and theyre contents it will remove some of the luster for me. Is there any way to accomplish this or will I have to settle for just bringing in the things i really need. Thanks in advance
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    I upgraded to 8 too. Wish i hadn't. The PDF support is terrible. Started using Palm PDF which is a lot better a free. You can use palm file browser (also free) to transfer to the card. They are both available at mytreo.net.
    T. Baker, why don't you just use a card reader to transfer your files to the SD card? Transferring large files with the hotsync app takes forever. I use a card reader to transfer mp3's in batches.
    Zane
  4.    #4  
    Thank you , I actually have the usb 1gig sndisk crd .. I knew there was some reason I got it.. i will report back if it works like I hope
  5.    #5  
    Ok well that did work However.. In docs to go all the files are jumbled up alphbetically and not viewable by folder like in the original.. I have Z launcher installed and when I go to the card i can see all my folders, open the folders to the suibfolders, highlight the file i want,, but then nothing happens, I do the options thing and try "launch" but nothing happens. they do open fine in docs to go though but i might take me hours to find the file in there i am looking for. If i can get them to open from Z-launcher I will be set
    DTG will scan RAM and your SD card for formats that it reads. You can set this to happen every time you start the program, or do it manually. The automatic scan can take a long time.
    The farthest right icon on the bottom toolbar is the filter command (the funnel). You can choose to list every format or just specific ones. I use spreadsheets most of the time, and have that set as the default filter.
    If you tap on the Name column, you can sort alphabetically.
    If you have a lot of files that you usually keep in separate folders on your PC, you might want to add a prefix to the name denoting the folder. That way DTG will sort them using the folder designation.
    Zane
  7.    #7  
    No way to launch them right off z launcher? I "sent a document successfully straight out of there via e-mail so it does access them somehow. It would be so cool to be able to lauch the file with z launcher because it keep my folder tree just as it is in my pc
    I don't think Zlauncher will recognize file formats that are not supported by the basic Palm OS. I know that you can specify helper apps for reading DOC and picture files.
    There is the Palm version of Adobe Acrobat Reader, but it is a pain to use.
    Zane
    Quote Originally Posted by T. Baker
    No way to launch them right off z launcher? I "sent a document successfully straight out of there via e-mail so it does access them somehow. It would be so cool to be able to lauch the file with z launcher because it keep my folder tree just as it is in my pc
    Yeah that would be pretty nice. Right now the only apps you can set to the default reader in Zlauncher prefs is to zreader, isilo, wordmith, Tibr etc. If you try to select DTG via other, it won't work. Hopefully this is something zztechs will update via the next version...

On the other hand, you can ALREADY do this NOW with Resco Explorer! It works perfectly! I can browse file directories on the card via 5-way nav and just tap and hold on Word Docs, Excel etc and Resco explorer will automatically launch the files via DTG! Also, it is a much nicer and powerful file manager than the builtin one in Zlauncher. Try it out, it works perfectly for me!

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions