1.    #1  
    I just received a new Innocharger from Seidioonline today. The charger is plugged directly to the USB port at the back of the PC (no hubs).

The description reads:

"You know that your battery is fully charged when the RED LED turns to GREEN, so you can always be assured of having a properly charged battery before you start your day!"

In my case, the LED is green even if there is no battery in the charger. Is that normal?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  2.    #2  
    Well, a 70% discharged battery has been charging overnight and the LED is still red.

Is this thing working?

A sync-n-charge cable would have topped off the battery in 2-3 hours, all from the same USB port.

I am not happy with the Innocharger.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  3.    #3  
    Maybe I was a bit premature in my worry. The LED is finallyturning green after 13 hrs of charging!! I hope this is not typical of the charging times with this thing.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I guess they fixed it. In the original Innocharger, the LED never turned green. I was going to return it just for that reason, but then I ran some tests and realized it was topping off the battery in 2-3 hrs even from 30-40 pct. Final verdict: the charged battery will be ready to go by the time you need it. I LOVE this accessory now.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
  5.    #5  
    I waited till they had updated the product to change it's LED behavior. Everything looks OK now.

Do you leave the battery in the charger to trickle charge, or remove it from the charger when you think it's all charged up?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Love the innocharger and the 2200mAh battery! Was worried about the LED "issue" at first because I wasn't sure if I waited long enough to purchase it, but all it well. Light changes green for both the Seidio and the OEMs. And I just can't get over the difference the Seidio battery makes!

++
  7.    #7  
    The Innocharger takes much longer than the Treo to charge the battery (based on the color change of the LED). Other than that, it seems to be working as intended.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
  8.    #8  
    I have some other observations:

The Treo 650 tops off the battery more than the Innocharger does.

1. If I put a battery that has been charging in the Innocharger for 2 days, with the LED turned to green, into the Treo, the Treo sees it as 87-90 % charged. The Treo takes 1-15 minutes to charge this (supposedly) already charged battery to 100%

2. If I take a battery out of the Treo when the Treo thinks that the battery is 95% charged, and put that into the Innocharger, the Innocharger LED is green right away. The Innocharger thinks it is fully charged.

Maybe the electronics design needs to be calibrated some?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by aprasad
    I have some other observations:

The Treo 650 tops off the battery more than the Innocharger does.

1. If I put a battery that has been charging in the Innocharger for 2 days, with the LED turned to green, into the Treo, the Treo sees it as 87-90 % charged. The Treo takes 1-15 minutes to charge this (supposedly) already charged battery to 100%

2. If I take a battery out of the Treo when the Treo thinks that the battery is 95% charged, and put that into the Innocharger, the Innocharger LED is green right away. The Innocharger thinks it is fully charged.

Maybe the electronics design needs to be calibrated some?
    I have not seen this behavior with my InnoCharger, with either the OEM or the Seidio2200 batteries. But then again, I don't let my batteries sit there in the charger. Once they're charged, they're removed and put in my bag for later use. I also don't charge via USB with it much, either. I use my BoxWave Versacharger and either charge a battery overnight, or while I'm at work. The Seidio2200 takes 5 to 7 hours to fully charge from a <= 10% state (with about the same amount of time just plugging in the 650); I haven't checked this with the OEM.