Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I've been visiting this site for a long time, and I am always seeing Toysoft being slammed. I have never used any of their other programs, but Freedom (now Freedom 2) is a MUST HAVE program if you are using PocketTunes. Just my 2 cents.
    So why is it a must have for PTunes?
    http://mytreo.net/archives/2005/07/u...th_freedom.php

"Shining as the powerful computer it is, you can now take charge of your Treo listening with a new application from Toysoft that does the same sort of thing. Called “Freedom,�? this simple, inexpensive program allows you to listen to your audio files using your telephone headset. Or, if you happen to be listening to MP3s and get a call, answer it and hear your caller clearly through your stereo audio headphones, and talk back using your Treo’s telephone built-in microphone.

Simply put, Freedom allows you to listen to headphone-only audio through your telephone headset and telephone calls through your audio headphones.

Freedom allows you to listen to all audio with whatever you already have plugged in. And it is very simple to use. For most Treo owners, simply checking the “Enable�? box is all that is needed.

If you have PocketTunes on your Treo, additional functionality is also available. Using the on/off/mute button available on most headsets, you can enable it to pause, rewind, or go to the next song with a quick press. A double press will give those same options again. In other words, you can set one press to pause the current song and a double press to go to the next song. It works flawlessly, though as we all have experienced, doing anything with PocketTunes running will cause a short delay."
    There's a shareware program called HeadsetControl that does the same thing. It was written by a poster here who seems pretty responsive with troubleshooting and suggestions (It appears many of the toysoft complaints are about support).
    Yup. HeadSetControl is a much smaller program, but does the same thing as Freedom / magicButton. It seems that Toysoft is more interested in releasing new apps. rather than fixing and updating old apps.. Toysoft's developer has also been caught in a number of embarrasing situations related to copying other developer's programs.
    http://www.toysoft.ca/voicecall.html works pretty (!) well for me. All other stuff did not really do the job (except resetting my Treo)!
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    Toysoft's developer has also been caught in a number of embarrasing situations related to copying other developer's programs.
    Where they located ?.....that's considered SOP within 100 miles of Redmond.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Where they located ?.....that's considered SOP within 100 miles of Redmond.
    What are you talking about?
    They're in Canada somewhere..Toronto?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Quote Originally Posted by scottymomo
    They're in Canada somewhere..Toronto?
    No, way west of T.O., Calgary Alberta. The oil capital of Canada and home to the Calgary Stampede.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    http://mytreo.net/archives/2005/07/u...th_freedom.php
    Called “Freedom,�? this simple, inexpensive program allows you to listen to your audio files using your telephone headset. Or, if you happen to be listening to MP3s and get a call, answer it and hear your caller clearly through your stereo audio headphones, and talk back using your Treo’s telephone built-in microphone.
    Do you really need a software for that? I use a regular Sony headphones, plugged into the headphones socket via the 2.5mm->3.5mm Seidio adapter, to listen to MP3's using pTunes. When a call comes in, I hear the other side in the headphones and I use the Treo mic held up to my face.

I thought that was normal behavior...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    OK..here is something pretty cool. I found a pair of earbuds siting near my phone - not sure which of my children put them there...and I plugged them into Treo650 and - yes, I could hear PTunes...I was surprised.
    Charliec
    Why? Why would you not expect to hear music through earbuds or any other headphones?
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM

My Treo is working as its supposed to?!?!?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Cute-guys --
    Did not need the adapter that converts the Treo 600/650's built-in 2.5 mm headset jack into a standard 3.5 mm headphone jack...
    Charliec
    Ahh, What did they come from? I've never seen nor heard of anything that works besides what was designed for the Treo.

Sorry for the cheek.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

Quote Originally Posted by charliec
    Cute-guys --
    Did not need the adapter that converts the Treo 600/650's built-in 2.5 mm headset jack into a standard 3.5 mm headphone jack...
    You don't have to convert the sizes of the banana plug if you don't need to ...
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi
    What are you talking about?
    You were talking about blatant copying of work by other developers. Microsoft is located in Redmond, Washington and, other than "Microsoft Bob" and the talking paperclip, has never created an original product.
    james - I am still trying to figure that one out...in the meantime, the Treo really does work well as a MP3/music player while a PDA/phone etc. Only one device to carry -wherever - Still #1 to me. Won't clutter this thread anymore...
    Charliec
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast