1.    #1  
    Sorry if people have gone over this in other threads, but I tried searching for it and every thread was 15+ pages long.

Anyway, I downloaded and tried a few of the 1.71/1.20 ROMs and updated my Treo without any apparent problems. My firmware says 01.71, but my software still says 1.13-ROW. The applications seems to be updated though - Blazer, for example, is 4.3.2.1. Am I doing something wrong? What would look different if my software was updated other than the Software line on the Phone Info screen?
    Did you hard reset your Treo before trying the upgrade? What ROM's were you trying?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

I have read in other threads, regarding a rom update, that others have also not got phone info to update even though all the new apps are there. I think some did another hard reset and that fixed it. And some re-flashed.
    Just call me Berd.
  4.    #4  
    I did a hard reset before installing, and tried a couple of the different ROMs. The one I am using now is the stripped down, no Realplayer, no Versamail.

When I do a hard reset now, I get a screen that says reformatting in progress in a few languages that comes up for a few seconds, and then it resets again and allows me to select my language. That is the same screed that came up when I reflashed this time - although in the past I believe a different screen came up for different ROMS. Everything seems okay, so I don't know if I really need to do anything, but for some reason I would feel better if the Phone Infor screen was updated.
    From your description I don't know if you succesfully updated the ROM. If i remember correctly, the new language select screen for 1.71 1.20row is in chinese and English, and no other language.

Try a Zero out reset before you flash the ROM. Backup first, like always.
  6.    #6  
    Once everything goes through, the language choices are only english and chinese, but the initial screen I get when updating the ROM is in several languages.
    If after a zero-out reset and flash you still show the wrong sw.
    You might do a search on tokens.
    Shadowmite had some things to say on this.
    Just call me Berd.
  8.    #8  
    Other than the phone info screen, how would I know if my sw is updated? the applications in ROM seem to be the updated versions, so I am wondering if I need to do anything at all.
    When you hard reset are you getting the EFIGS or the Chinese/English language selection?
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

10.    #10  
    English and then 2 kinds of Chinese (I guess)
    That is what you should see for the 1.20-1.171. After a hard rest before you restore you data what does the phone info look like?

12.    #12  
    Well, I just went to try and reflash and it didn't work. When I put in the SD card, it just put me in a reset loop before anything even popped up on the screen. I took out the card, did a hard reset and the software now says 1.20.
    Is it APR or ROW?

14.    #14  
    apr