Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Ok, sugguestions on how to get out of this?

I installed a newer version of 2day and that's when the madness started. I don't think it's that particular app, but this is the first time this has happened to me. I tried soft resetting using the pin hole in back w/no luck.

Suggestions anyone? This for a Sprint Treo 650. I've taken the battery out for now.
    Hard Reset
    You need to try a warm reset first. It is usually the best way to break the loop. The beginning is just like a hard reset but instead of pushing up to erase all data you press any other key if I remember right. There will be on screen instructions. While in limited function mode you can go in and delete the likely offender, then soft reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    You need to try a warm reset first. It is usually the best way to break the loop. The beginning is just like a hard reset but instead of pushing up to erase all data you press any other key if I remember right. There will be on screen instructions. While in limited function mode you can go in and delete the likely offender, then soft reset.
    Are you sure there are prompts in a warm reset? I have a Verizon 650 and had to warm reset a couple of times b/c volumecare put my Treo in an endless reset loop. I held the up button and this stopped the reboot, but didn't see any prompts.
    Global Posts
    907 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Hard Reset
    Well, the hard reset worked and I restored from Backup Man , but it appears 2day may have been the culprit. After I tried to sync it a 2nd time, the loop started. Resynched and everything appears to be somewhat normal.

Thanks for everyone's help.
    Quote Originally Posted by ColKurtz
    Are you sure there are prompts in a warm reset? I have a Verizon 650 and had to warm reset a couple of times b/c volumecare put my Treo in an endless reset loop. I held the up button and this stopped the reboot, but didn't see any prompts.

You are right, there are no prompts when you do a warm reset...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Quote Originally Posted by ColKurtz
    You hold down the red phone button and press the reset button, press up and hold on the d-pad when the palm logo appears you release the red phone and up buttons. The prompt is "Esase all data?, YES="up", NO=any other button". The words "NO=any other button" is a prompt for a warm reset.
    Or just hold the Dpad up button when doing the soft reset = warm reset
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    I see how my wording may have been misunderstood.

dwman, If it ever happens again a warm reset is the way to go. Its better than relying on your last backup. Backups are great but aren't 100% successful and wont restore changes that occurred since the last back up. After you warm reset the phone is in a limited function mode in which you can go in and undo the changes you made that caused the reset loop. You then soft reset. It has worked 100% of the time for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    ...d wont restore changes that occurred since the last back up.
    Well.....depends on what you using

http://www.northglide.com/onguardbackup.html

Been tempted to add this to my arsenal.