Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    On a Treo 650 when you get an incoming call it pops up two buttons on the screen [answer] and [ignore].... In the past I've been able to touch the answer button and it answers pretty quick, but now it seems to take 4-6 seconds and sometimes doesn't answer it quick enough and they go to my voice mail. This just started last week and I havent updated anything or installed anything since Dec 12th.

Anyone else ever expeirence this? I really REALLY dont want to do a hard reset and re-install everything, but if this is the only fix for it then I guess I will. Any suggestions? I've re-calibrated my screen/stylus already and that didn't help. My screen protector has been on there for about 4 months now, could it be getting too old or some dirt under it? I wouldn't think it'd be that though since it does eventually answer so it's getting contact.
    Global Posts
    138 Global Posts
    I don't use the screen to answer. I have it turned off when ringing to avoid answering inadvertantly.
    But I have noticed recently that it often takes two clicks on the button to answer the call. I have assumed that it takes two clicks but your message makes me wonder if it is a delay as opposed to the second click that actually completes the task.
    You might want to try two quick taps to see if that helps.
    This issue started for me once I installed the latest version of mRing. When I remove mRing the problem goes away. Check to see if you have it installed. If not, another application may be the culprit. Try disabling and/or removing all applications that run in the background. Then perform a soft reset and see if the problem is gone. If the problem goes away, re-enable and/or install those applications one-by-one, then test for the problem. Be sure to soft reset each time after re-enabling/re-installing an application, as I have found this to be a factor in evoking inexplicable issues like this.
    Using any 3rd party ringtone manager by chance?
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    This happens when I have a lot, 1000's, of contacts. I assumed it was the delay to do caller ID lookup with a large phone list.