1.    #1  
    I jsut wanted something that I could check all my email accounts on, use as a phone and once in a while go on websites.

I can't setup bluetooth syncing, nor can I figure out how to access the treo through bluetooth PCMCIA card at all.

I can't hear anything on the damn thing, though I just bought the volume app to try to improve this.

I can't access the email app anymore, it freezes right when I start the email app, I think cause of large messages.

I often get not enough memory errors, even though I have a 1gig sd card I can't figure out how to get programs to run off it. I recently bought a file program to try and fix that part.

WTF?

I have ZERO third party apps now, take a couple of pictures once in a while, receive two large email attachments and boom, this thing compeltely lets me down.

I'm putting some money into programs to fix it, ESPECIALLY the new battery cover that will let me do my hourly reset without taking it off....

this really came out of nowhere and I'm really steamed....
  2.    #2  
    not enough memory to even do a cable sync now. What kind of sick ****ing game is this.
    Quote Originally Posted by chapperjoe
    I have ZERO third party apps now, take a couple of pictures once in a while, receive two large email attachments and boom, this thing compeltely lets me down.
    Undoubtedly that's the problem. Things like VolumeCare, UDMH, Resco Locker, dbCacheTool, KeepOff, Radio Control, and TreoHelper are what makes the device usuable.

Stability doesn't exist without dbCacheTool and Resco Locker.
    Have you tried a hard reset? What firmware/software are you using? Who is your carrier?

My Treo 650 works great, but I can see that it is not for everyone.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    And if you're using Versamail, that's another cause of the problems you experience. Consider using Chattermail or Snappermail.
  6.    #6  
    syncing just stopped at versamail too..... can't sync now.
  7.    #7  
    I'm using a 650 on T-mobile.
  8.    #8  
    All I need are a volume app, a memory tool, and a new email client.

recommendations? So far I just purchased the volume app off of this site, zlauncher off another site, and I'm looking for an email app.
  9.    #9  
    the treo 700 solve any of the memory and volume problems?
    Search/review the posts on Resco Locker (RLocker) and DBCacheTool.
  11.    #11  
    also wanted to listen to mp3's on the treo, I moved some music folders on to my SD card and realplayer doesn't find any songs....
    Use tcpmp.

New to the forums?
    I can't setup bluetooth syncing, nor can I figure out how to access the treo through bluetooth PCMCIA card at all.
    What steps have you taken to get the Treo connected to your bluetooth adapter and what errors are you getting? Don't get too excited about bluetooth syncing, btw, it's very slow. It's fine to install a small app or file, but I wouldn't suggest syncing email or large files.

I can't hear anything on the damn thing, though I just bought the volume app to try to improve this.
    My volume seems OK, but this is a very common complaint. Volumecare seems to be the most popular solution.

I can't access the email app anymore, it freezes right when I start the email app, I think cause of large messages.
    I had the same problem with Versamail. I eventually gave up, because I don't really need to do email on my Treo.

I often get not enough memory errors, even though I have a 1gig sd card
    The 2 are unrelated. Think of your SD card as a hard drive. Your memory is finite (about 22MB by default IIRC) and can't be increased. Loading too many things or having large databases can cause this. A file manager (I use ZLauncher's -- there are many) can tell you what's in memory and give you an idea what needs to be moved to the card or deleted.

I can't figure out how to get programs to run off it. I recently bought a file program to try and fix that part.
    Zlauncher does this, too, as does LauncherX and several other apps.

Keep posting.. the community here is good and will help if you post details of your issues and have the patience to work through them. (and the money to buy apps to get functionality that should have been included to begin with ; )
    also wanted to listen to mp3's on the treo, I moved some music folders on to my SD card and realplayer doesn't find any songs....
    This one is easy, it has to be in /Audio I think. It's documented somewhere. Real looks for it specifically there.

As for your other problems.. Sounds like something is wonky. By "Big emails" you mean emails with huge attachments in them or something? It's not a desktop client. Limit the email download size to 4, 8, 12k, something like that.
  15.    #15  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    This one is easy, it has to be in /Audio I think. It's documented somewhere. Real looks for it specifically there.

As for your other problems.. Sounds like something is wonky. By "Big emails" you mean emails with huge attachments in them or something? It's not a desktop client. Limit the email download size to 4, 8, 12k, something like that.
    but I can't get into it at all now. I saved my contacts on teh SIM card, gonna do a hard reset adn try again with the relevant third party apps installed.

Now I just gotta figure out how to do a hard reset!

I hafve the volume software, the Zlauncher too. I just need an email client and I should be good to go.
  16. NRG
    Global Posts
    3,670 Global Posts
    but I can't get into it at all now. I saved my contacts on teh SIM card, gonna do a hard reset adn try again with the relevant third party apps installed.

Now I just gotta figure out how to do a hard reset!

I hafve the volume software, the Zlauncher too. I just need an email client and I should be good to go.
    Open battery cover>Press reset button with tip of stylus>Hold Power button down till the palm Splash screen comes up>Relase>Treo will ask you if you want to erase all data>Push up on five to select yes>press center button! Hard reset done.
  17.    #17  
    okay, zlaunchers facelift of my 650 is gorgeous and functional and a great idea. Chattermail is spectacular, I also got treoguard, volume care, directory assistant and pocket tunes.

after hard reset, everythings running well, and with chatter I can download attahcments to the SD card, which will prevent email problems with large files, which I must receive ont eh 650.

BUT most of the programs I instaled have to be placed ont eh 650 and not on teh SD card. Is there a guide to know which programs can go on teh card? I would obviously like to put as many of the native programs as possible ont eh card to free up ram, but, for instance, I cannot delete versamail. So still some hangups, but running very smooth and happy now.
    there is a way to get rid of all those retarded programs (realplayer, versamail) but it involves making your own custom firmware, but it might be kinda risky for newbs, but if your willing to go for it, you can have an efficient treo will plenty of memory . Just search for "custom firmware" in the forums and you should get some info on that.
    Configure the Hotsync conduit to never sync with Versamail. Then using something like RomHIDE (http://www.mrcll.com/ftp/palm/update...dd-on/ROMHide/) to hide all those "retarded" applications like Versamail, RealPlayer, etc.

Creating a custom-rom is a good thing, but an annoyance is everytime you wish to install a new version of Snapper (if you've included it in ROM) you have to reflash. Unless you're running out of space (I have 10MB free on my phone, zero problems, and a plethora of applications installed) don't worry about it.

Funny how you went from "This treo is crap" to "It doesn't reboot".