Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    I heard good things about the seidio g2350 nav kit so I decided to ask for it as a christmas present from the parents, they ordered it 12/5/05 at 11am and I recieved it on christmas day. Unfortunately the GPS reciever wouldn't establish a reliable connection with treo even after trouble shooting with the tech support guy. Here's a chronicle of the nightmare I've been having trying to get the unit sent back to them :

1. Called: 1-832-204-1114
    Date: 12/27/05
    Result: busy signal during the three times I tried to get through.

2. Email to: support@seidio.com
    Date: 12/28/05
    Result: no response

3. Called: 1-832-204-1114
    Date: 1/3/06 2:07pm
    Result: Helpful trouble shooting tips, didn’t solve problem. Told to submit RMA form.

4. email to: rma@seidioonline.com
    Date: 1/3/05 2:36pm
    Result: No confirmation email, nothing.

5. email to: order@seidioonline.com
    Date: 1/7/06 12:55pm
    Result: Sent email requesting confirmation of rma receipt, no response.

6. Called: 1-832-204-1118
    Date: 1/9/06 2:53pm
    Result: Not helpful and customer service rep had bad attitude, told to resubmit RMA even though I said I already had. They cannot take RMA requests over the phone for some reason.

7. email to: rma@seidioonline.com
    Date: 1/9/06 6:06pm
    Result: nothing. no confirmation

8. Called: 1-832-204-1118
    Date: 1/10/06
    Result: Told they’d call back in 15minutes, more like 20-30minutes. Lady was more helpful but told me to resubmit RMA and also CC {left out on purpose}@seidio.com to make sure it got through. Still wouldn't take RMA request over the phone even though it was clear at this point it wasn't working by email. She claimed that no one else was having this problem.

9. email to: rma@seidioonline.com, @seidio.com
    date: 1/10/06 6:06pm
    result: No confirmation from either email

10. called: 1-832-204-1118
    date: 1/11/06 3:49pm
    result: No answer even though recording claims they close at 4pm central time. Nice office hours, wish I could get off at 4pm.

I'll keep you posted on what happens. They claim it takes 1-2 business days to respond to the RMA requests and it's only been a day since the last one. I can't believe what a total pain in the *** this process has been, why in the world can they not take an RMA request over the phone if the email system isn't working? I have a gmail account, maybe they're filtering it or something. Before you ask, I am technically literate so I'm not just a clutz.
    Last edited by ps40897; 01/19/2006 at 11:29 PM. Reason: finally recieved some decent customer service, wanted to update post.
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Well, it's been two days since my last RMA request by email. Maybe they're filtering gmail accounts or something? I'm getting pretty pissed at this point, might need to drop by their houston office next time I'm in houston. Trying a new email address this time and I'm going to call them in the morning. I don't think I'd do business with them again with this kind of service...
    i had some good experiences by calling the customer service line. i returned a reset cover that they recieved 0n 12/30 they told me they will look into it and e mail me today which they did with an apology for delay and a promise to ship it out first thing tom.

Fred
    Quote Originally Posted by ps40897
    Well, it's been two days since my last RMA request by email. Maybe they're filtering gmail accounts or something? I'm getting pretty pissed at this point, might need to drop by their houston office next time I'm in houston. Trying a new email address this time and I'm going to call them in the morning. I don't think I'd do business with them again with this kind of service...
    I'm sorry you are having the problems you are. I've sent you a private message with a direct way to get in contact with me so that we can resolve this today.

David
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    Finally started recieving good customer support and got an RMA number. Sounds like the company is trying to update their customer support system so I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt and let this incident slide. I do like the gps cradle and eagerly await the replacement.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    You know, all this seidio negative publicity around these forums is really making me regret buying a holster from them.

If it suddenly breaks apart and my treo falls to the floor, I am flying out to wherever you guys are located and eating somebody's face.

I'm not even joking.
    LOL. Pretty sure its not kosher to make threats on this board. You should look into acquiring some insurance and/or anger management counseling.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    It's just amazing that mostly only when complaints are made public on the board, and the rep who patrols the board sees them, then something is done. I worry about that.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I'm concerned with Seidio's customer service as well.

I've had an order "ready to ship" for two days now. I like Seidio's products but their customer service is lacking. If your going to have to pay for FedEx Xpress shipping, I would hope that the Xpress happens. It's almost as if your paying for something you don't get.

David is very responsive to problems but his philosophy isn't necessarily shared with his employees.
    I had an RMA request that I sent 8-10 days ago. I called a few days ago to follow up - and was told to wait more. I was worried as my warranty was about to expire in one day after I sent the RMA request. I called again yesterday and CSR was able to talk to someone in RMA dept so tha the RMA response email came to me while we were on the phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by coppertop
    I'm concerned with Seidio's customer service as well.

I've had an order "ready to ship" for two days now. I like Seidio's products but their customer service is lacking. If your going to have to pay for FedEx Xpress shipping, I would hope that the Xpress happens. It's almost as if your paying for something you don't get.

David is very responsive to problems but his philosophy isn't necessarily shared with his employees.
    That may have been the problem for awhile, but we are doing our best to correct our mistakes, automate our systems, and deal with problems in a very timely manner. If any of you are having problems that aren't being resolved through normal channels, I invite you to email me directly and I'll react quickly. We can't change the past, but we are changing the present and the future.

David Silver
    Operations Manager
    Seidio, INC.
    davidsilver@seidio.com
    Quote Originally Posted by Lady Treo
    It's just amazing that mostly only when complaints are made public on the board, and the rep who patrols the board sees them, then something is done. I worry about that.
    Also realize that people dont generally post when things go smoothly. No one feels the need to say anything unless something goes wrong.
    iPhone in the Washington DC area.
    But that's much better than a company that doesn't monitor what it's customers are saying (Tomtom comes to mind). Having someone who monitors and follows up can only work to improve service in the future.
    Global Posts
    70 Global Posts
    Good to know, I was thinking of a case from them. Well, onto more online shopping...
    Quote Originally Posted by AnteL0pe
    Also realize that people dont generally post when things go smoothly. No one feels the need to say anything unless something goes wrong.
    I had purchased the horizontal case, skin & replacement battery cover with the reset hole from Seidio . . . the case had a pretty significant crease across the top; for the price I paid, I did not feel this was acceptable; I called the cs department, they told me to do the online RMA form . . . within a day or so after filling out the form, I got an RMA number & address to return the case. I did not want to be without a case in the interim, so I asked if they could ship the replacement first & on receipt, I would return the case . . shortly thereafter, I received an email with the shipping advice . . . got the case in about 2 days, returned the defective one to them.

I was not thrilled to get a sub-standard case, but was quite happy with the service I received after I adsvised them of this issue; especially that they were willing to send the replacement PRIOR to receiving the defective piece back . . .
    Just a follow-up.... recieved an email from Seidio to tellm me my order shipped out yesterday but as of this morning, the order status hadn't changed.

Don't know if there's a lag between shipping and updating the status.
    Quote Originally Posted by jrfaris
    But that's much better than a company that doesn't monitor what it's customers are saying (Tomtom comes to mind). Having someone who monitors and follows up can only work to improve service in the future.
    Yes, but why almost ONLY when someone complains on the boards. I have seen so many posts where the customer said they wrote and wrote, no response. Post on the board so everyone knows, response! Bad form IMO. But I guess that's how a lot of businesses really are. Notice also how when businesses get busted out on the news, they shape up.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Yes, but why almost ONLY when someone complains on the boards. I have seen so many posts where the customer said they wrote and wrote, no response. Post on the board so everyone knows, response! Bad form IMO. But I guess that's how a lot of businesses really are. Notice also how when businesses get busted out on the news, they shape up.
    In the past, that may have been the case. I've made my email available to anyone not receiving the support they deserve via regular channels. As I become aware of a problem - either via a forum or an email to our company - I do my best to reach the customer and conclude things in a way that satisfies them. I can't speak for other companies, but can say that though we have our shortfalls, we are trying very hard to be responsive and responsible. I'm sorry if you can't see it that way.

David Silver
    Operations Manager
    Seidio, INC.
    davidsilver@seidio.com