1.    #1  
    This is a huge problem. I've tried to install to the miniSD card, to no avail. Many people are having a problem with this:
    http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/inde...howtopic=10521

GoodGuy, if you could forward this on to your engineers, that would be great!

In the meantime, is there any way that we can manipulate the installation to force it to the miniSD card?
    Last edited by veblen; 01/12/2006 at 09:22 AM.
    GoodLink cannot be run from the external storage cards (miniSD or SD) on any device, so it isn't a matter of 2125 users being unable to get it to work. It is a matter of that type of configuration not being supported. The reason this is the case is because all the databases are encrypted and the encrypting and de-encrypting with every single transaction would be a performance nightmare.
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the scoop, GoodGuy.

Cingular's ROM update freed up some additional memory so that GoodLink could install:

http://www.mobilegadgetnews.com/inde...howtopic=10693
    Last edited by veblen; 01/12/2006 at 09:41 AM.
    Glad to hear it worked out!
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy
    GoodLink cannot be run from the external storage cards (miniSD or SD) on any device, so it isn't a matter of 2125 users being unable to get it to work. It is a matter of that type of configuration not being supported. The reason this is the case is because all the databases are encrypted and the encrypting and de-encrypting with every single transaction would be a performance nightmare.
    GoodGuy - is it now possible (with 4.8) to install to the SD card?? In another thread you made it sound like it was - as long as the administrator has enabled installation to storage card.. That would be GREAT!!!

How do I find out if my administrator has this option enabled? I'm in a huge organization and I have no idea who my admin is.
    You can install from the SD card, but not run from the SD card.
  7.    #7  
    Got it.