Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    WHat is the best voice dialing software? How is the one that comes on the cd that you have a 14 day trial for?

MG
    Give the 14 day trial a spin !!

I have not tested others, but did buy this one after using it for 2 to 3 days. I don't believe I have ever had it come back with the wrong contact.

Cheers,
  3.    #3  
    Thanks Perry - I'm going to try it -

I thought this was the "VoiceDial It" that everyone talks about but evidently it is different...

Does anyone have comparison?

MG
    Global Posts
    821 Global Posts
    i tried another one - can't remember the name - but couldn't figure out how to train it. VoiceSignal works with no training - and works very well. I bought it after 1 days use.
    are there any voice dials that work through a bluetooth
    I think http://www.toysoft.ca/voicecall.html works way better. It seems to use the same library as VoiceDialIt but the app works way better. YMMV ;-)
    I am also looking for a voice dialer thru bluetooth.
    Quote Originally Posted by BNOYHTUAWB
    I think http://www.toysoft.ca/voicecall.html works way better. It seems to use the same library as VoiceDialIt but the app works way better. YMMV ;-)
    There is a major difference between the two products: As far as I can tell, voicecall requires training, in which the user must set up each and every contact. Voicedial recognizes all users and there is no need for training. With similar products, I have found the training to be tedious.

Voicedial does work well. My complaints are that it takes up a lot of RAM (~2Mb), sometimes causes resets when it is not being used, and I find the woman's twangy, fast voice discomforting.
    I believe voicedial has updated to a training version now.
    Does Voicedial work through Bluetooth??
    No, the bluetooth module in the treo 650 does not support voice dialing or caller ID. Bummer.
    If you have Sprint for $5/month you can get their VoiceDial that WORKS with bluetooth
    and is soooo easy to set up becasue ther is no voice training necessary. You simply export your contact list in csv form and you're don!e!!
    Sprint is $5 me to death...but good to know. Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by GMSchiller
    I believe voicedial has updated to a training version now.
    Where? Is the same product by VoiceSignal that Palm is pushing?

Training is optional for defining the digits for when one speaks out the numbers. But that has been there for the last 8 months.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    Here's the link to Sprints' Voice Command

NO TRAINING NECESSARY. I've programed the 1st speed dial button to VC and since it is highlighted by default when you go to the phone app, I simmply press the center button on the 5 way and I'm there!

http://www1.sprintpcs.com/explore/ue...csVoiceCommand
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy

Voicedial does work well. My complaints are that it takes up a lot of RAM (~2Mb), sometimes causes resets when it is not being used, and I find the woman's twangy, fast voice discomforting.
    I have Voicesignals Voicedial on the card. Saves about 1.4 mb on the ram with it hard buttoned to the side button.

To move it to the card with Zlauncher, hold your thumb on the icon to bring up the submenu, tap info, open attributes, disable copy prevention tap done and then tap save.

Then open the submenu again and then move to 'card' launcher or 'card' zlauncher/applications and create a shortcut and choose a hard button if you want in prefs/buttons or a favorites button.

Since I don't use a wired headset, I moved the hidden Voicedials 68k file to the card also rather than deleteing it. With zlauncher, go to filemanager then devise/ram look for the Voicedial 68k file, highlight it, open submenu/info, open attributes then disable hidden and copy prevention tap done and then save. You'll then find the 68k file in the zlauncher 'all' category then move it to a storage folder on the card.

I don't know if the procedure above works with other 3rd party launchers. I have only used zlauncher and it works with it.

Chuck
    Quote Originally Posted by Perry Holden
    I have not tested others, but did buy this one after using it for 2 to 3 days.
    My test was about 2-3 hours <g>....and that only becuase I needed to get to my office first. My only beef is that when I wanna call Chris Jones, it doesn't pick up on Christopher Jones. Damn machines why do they always do what I tell them to do instead of what I want them to do !

Tho it's a fairly big app, I leave it in RAM as it's a 12 second load IIRC from the card.
    With my favorite new headset, theboom, I find that Voicedial is much better at recognizing names and numbers in noisy environments.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by Maxy
    There is a major difference between the two products: As far as I can tell, voicecall requires training, in which the user must set up each and every contact. Voicedial recognizes all users and there is no need for training. With similar products, I have found the training to be tedious.

I gave VoiceCall a shot and I can confirm that it is a training based voice dial app. It is a little confusing looking at the documentation and the settings, which leads you to believe that it has a database of built-in commands. From working with the app, you have to manually configure everything. I don't really get this app.
    I bought voice dial from Voice command a few weeks ago. I also contacted the developer Voice signal to possibly test the upgrade as suggested by the other members. They responded quickly and emailed me the prc file for the upgrade. The upgrade includes opening apps, sending email and text messages and looking up contacts besides the usual voice calling. SO far so good. I really like the updated product. Once they push the upgrade out in the market, go to Handango and update your teo voice dialing for free. They said it should be out this month. They are also developing a software that will allow the treo to send text by voice.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast