Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    I am confused with these various products. Initially, Palm was pushing a product called Voice Dial by VoiceSignal. This product worked without training.

http://www.palm.com/us/support/downl...cedialing.html

Now, Palm is pushing another product called VoiceDialIt by VoiceIt Technologies. As far as I can tell, this product only calls contacts that are pre-recorded.

http://software.palm.com/us/html/dis...&id=prod470532

Am I getting this right?

Thanks!
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    Palm Software Connection is like any other store with many applications. I don't think Palm is pushing VoiceDialIt the way they did (or are doing) with Voice Dial.

Voice Dial was included on the Palm CD that came with my Treo. It is also listed on their official software update page
    http://www.palm.com/us/support/downloads/treo650.html
    Palm also provides support (non-existant as it is) for Voice Dial, unlike VoiceDialIt.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    So, is the VoiceSignal product (the one people seem to like) no longer being developed for the Treo? I only see what appear to be old links to it.
    Psion 3a > Palm Vx w/ Omnisky > Blackberry 850 > Treo 300 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700P > Apple iPhone
    There is rumored update due out this month.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    I have the prc file for the update which I am currently testing for VoiceSignal. I will contact the developer and see if I can post it here.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    Tho it's a fairly big app, I leave it in RAM as it's a 12 second load IIRC from the card.
    just noticed with new SD card and CNG ROM upgrade, it is down to a 4 second load.
    I had the first (no training necessary) voicedial program, and was told the "update" was this new program we are discussing. I installed it, gave it a shot for about 5 contacts... then I got sick of recording, and uninstalled it. I used an old PRC file for the original voicedial and I am still using it. Unless they can make the program work out of the box so to speak with an option of recording contacts for added accuracy I won't be upgrading. Who has time to train 250 contacts? Besides, the older version got it right at least 97% of the time. So, for those hard to pronounce names, or the crazy spelled ones... I see the reason for training, but the rest it's just unnecessary.
    I was using the Voice Dialer that came with the phone for speaking phone numbers. It caused my phone to hard reset and it wouldn't reinstall from the card, there was a problem with one file. I did a fresh install by sync with my computer but when I press the icon the program doesn't start. Could there be some file lingering that I should delete before doing another install?
    Quote Originally Posted by chckhbrt
    I have Voicesignals Voicedial on the card. Saves about 1.4 mb on the ram with it hard buttoned to the side button.

To move it to the card with Zlauncher, hold your thumb on the icon to bring up the submenu, tap info, open attributes, disable copy prevention tap done and then tap save.

Then open the submenu again and then move to 'card' launcher or 'card' zlauncher/applications and create a shortcut and choose a hard button if you want in prefs/buttons or a favorites button.

Since I don't use a wired headset, I moved the hidden Voicedials 68k file to the card also rather than deleteing it. With zlauncher, go to filemanager then devise/ram look for the Voicedial 68k file, highlight it, open submenu/info, open attributes then disable hidden and copy prevention tap done and then save. You'll then find the 68k file in the zlauncher 'all' category then move it to a storage folder on the card.

I don't know if the procedure above works with other 3rd party launchers. I have only used zlauncher and it works with it.

Chuck

Hey can I just install it to the card first instead of ram then using Zlauncher?
    How you gonna move it back and forth .... 6 files ~ 2 MB ?

I would think opening fileZ everytime you wanna make a call would get cumbersome. I have it on the SD card now as I am testing a few things but eitehr way in main memory or off the card via powerrun works off the side button.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tom Q
    I have the prc file for the update which I am currently testing for VoiceSignal. I will contact the developer and see if I can post it here.

Hey Tom. How is your beta version working out? I dont have voice prompt come on but I can still see what it's doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by aznmode
    Hey Tom. How is your beta version working out? I dont have voice prompt come on but I can still see what it's doing.
    Same issue for me also. There is a voice prompt voice, it is just VERY quiet. That is the only issue with the beta I have noticed.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Same issue for me also. There is a voice prompt voice, it is just VERY quiet. That is the only issue with the beta I have noticed.
    I have actually copied in in ROM. So I restored my phone back to regular 1.13a without restoring from a back up. Installed it I was able to hear the voice prompt. I then restored my phone from a back up and the voiceprompt disappeared again. I think I have something conflicting with it. I guess I can start from scratch and add one software at a time. Thanks for the reply by the way.
    Quote Originally Posted by heberman
    Ok after hours of trying different custom ROM's and deleting files, I've finally figured out why I do not hear the voice prompt. Apparently the voice prompt now is controlled by the phones system volume. I've always had mine on silent so I do not hear the clicks on my phone. I can't believe it was that simple.

So far this beta version is great. Will not run in ROM however..FYI.
    I have the beta version also, It's working pretty well. I have a few bugs and suggestions I have already submitted. Like the send email and send message tool, but no voice to text? Still kida useless. My wife's phone can open messaging, type, address, and send the message all without touching the phone. Stll working with it though. I'll keep you posted.
    <-Jumping ship on the Palm Pre and getting the HTC EVO...So far that's the 650, 800w, the Pro, Pre and soon the HTC EVO...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12