1.    #1  
    My zLauncher trial has expired, and before I purchase it, I wanted to see what other things are out there that do what I use zLauncher for.

Here are my likes:
    * ability to use images as background for each category
    * ability to install program to ram, then use zlauncher to move it to sd card - will automatically move back to ran when program is started, and back to card when program is closed (how the heck would you do this using only the palm os?)
    * using bottom bar for frequently used shortcuts
    * having battery and avail mem for ram and sd card always visible
    * ability to hide tabs (I put unused but undeletable items on one tab, then hide it)
    * resizing icons so that more fit on one page

I'm sure some (most? all?) of these things can be done with 1 or more other programs, and possibly even with the standard palm os - but I'm not sure - that is the point of this thread.

I guess the MAIN reason I have been using zlauncher is the "Move to SD Card" function - I always install an app to ram, then use zlauncher to move it to the card - works wonderfully, but if there is another way to do it that can save me $20 ($40 actually, I have the trial running on my wife's Treo too) that would be great - sorry, but I'm cheap.
    Initiate Light will give you move to sd and run from there
    * ability to use images as background for each category
    use images yes - but one per category -no
    * ability to install program to ram, then use zlauncher to move it to sd card - will automatically move back to ran when program is started, and back to card when program is closed (how the heck would you do this using only the palm os?)
    yes (actually you can do this with the standard launcher)
    * using bottom bar for frequently used shortcuts
    no - but does give favourites feature
    * having battery and avail mem for ram and sd card always visible
    yes
    * ability to hide tabs (I put unused but undeletable items on one tab, then hide it)
    yes - also, a seperate way to hide unwanted apps from all views
    * resizing icons so that more fit on one page
    offers small and standard. With the minimal look - you can fit a LOT in one page.

plus a lot of other features, such as type to search, contacts search and view
    and all for $5
    If you do decide to try Initiate, make sure to sign up for the tips course, you'll learn a lot
    http://www.hobbyistsoftware.com/Updates.php

the other launcher worth trying IMHO is launcher X. It's simpler than z-launcher, but I think it's cleaner and nicer to use.
    Hobbyist Software
    VLC Remote - Control VLC from your Pre
    Remote - Control iTunes from your Pre
    Quote Originally Posted by rctoyguy
    I guess the MAIN reason I have been using zlauncher is the "Move to SD Card" function - I always install an app to ram, then use zlauncher to move it to the card - works wonderfully, but if there is another way to do it that can save me $20 ($40 actually, I have the trial running on my wife's Treo too) that would be great - sorry, but I'm cheap.
    If that's all that is important to you, I'd suggest PowerRun for the $15. I tried all the launchers, my fav being LauncherX, but frankly I prefered the Palm Launcher to all the others and PowerRun provided the functonality I needed.

http://simple-palm.com/index-e.html