Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 31
  1.    #1  
    I am upgrading to Treo 700W from Treo 650. I am considering to get GPS. I have some questions.

    Which maps and software should I get ?

    - Iguidance 2.13 or Tomtom 5

    For the Blue tooth receiver,

    I decided on Seidio RBT-2010 based on review on Treocentral (.http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/733-1.htm)

    How about software and maps ?
    Last edited by jing0124; 01/11/2006 at 06:58 AM.
  2. pmdied's Avatar
    Posts
    409 Posts
    Global Posts
    556 Global Posts
    #2  
    Quote Originally Posted by jing0124
    I am upgrading to Treo 700W from Treo 650. I am considering to get GPS. I have some questions.

    Which maps and software should I get ?

    - Iguidance 2.13 or Tomtom 5

    For the Blue tooth receiver,

    I decided on Seidio RBT-2010 based on review on Treocentral (.http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/733-1.htm)

    How about software and maps ?
    TomTom Software
    ReMax Properties Unlimited
    Morristown NJ
    pmdied@gmail.com
    www.peterdieduardo.com
  3. #3  
    Better verify that whatever you get works well on the 700w. Do a search of the recent posts as there have been some display problems reported...see Add GPS
    Last edited by jrfaris; 01/11/2006 at 09:31 AM.
  4. #4  
    Jing,

    If you didnt notice, Seidio announced they will offer a bundled price for the RBT-2010 with either TT or Iguidance software that will be available on their website within the next couple days.

    -Steve
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by jing0124
    I am upgrading to Treo 700W from Treo 650. I am considering to get GPS. I have some questions.

    Which maps and software should I get ?

    - Iguidance 2.13 or Tomtom 5

    For the Blue tooth receiver,

    I decided on Seidio RBT-2010 based on review on Treocentral (.http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/733-1.htm)

    How about software and maps ?
    ..I'm not sure, but I think I'll be holding out for the Garmin to see how it reviews.
    Go here if you're tired of being .
    It'll be fun.
  6. ps40897's Avatar
    Posts
    46 Posts
    Global Posts
    47 Global Posts
    #6  
    I love the tomtom software, it's very close to perfect IMO.
  7. #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by DrDoom
    ..I'm not sure, but I think I'll be holding out for the Garmin to see how it reviews.
    Somebody posted the user manual for the Garmin GPS10/Palm and the graphics looked pretty archiac (and disappointing). TomTom looks much better...Although maybe (hopefully) the garmin interface will look better after we get more information.
  8. one918's Avatar
    Posts
    229 Posts
    Global Posts
    231 Global Posts
    #8  
    Do your research on software apps for GPS. I went with Tom Tom because that is what most people seemed to prefer. I found that there are streets in my area, about an hour north of LA, some of which 2 or more years old, and do not show up in Tom Tom. Supposedly this is not the fault of Tom Tom, but the mapping system they use, which I cannot recall right now.

    However, to me, that is rediculous that streets are not updates within a shorter time frame.
  9.    #9  
    Look like Iguidance is not ready yet. So,

    1) Tomtom 5
    2) Seidio RBT-2010 BT receiver

    How about the mounting cradle ?
  10. #10  
    Seidio is offering the G2200S GPS Navigational KIt for Treo 700W. The kit includes

    1) Tomtom 5
    2) Seidio award winning RBT-2010 Blue tooth GPS receiver (SiRF III chip)
    3) G2200S car cradle



    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=253

    For Treocentral members, Seidio will offer a special discount. The discount code will be released later today.

    David Chang
    Last edited by seidioseidio; 01/13/2006 at 09:39 AM.
  11. #11  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Seidio is offering the G2200S GPS Navigational KIt for Treo 700W. The kit includes

    1) Tomtom 5
    2) Seidio award winning RBT-2010 Blue tooth GPS receiver (SiRF III chip)
    3) G2200S car cradle



    http://www.seidioonline.com/index.as...ROD&ProdID=253

    For Treocentral members, Seidio will offer a special discount. The discount code will be released later today.

    David Chang
    Here is the discount code for G2200 GPS Navigational Kit for Treo 700W

    PRG22STR650

    $ 20.00 off

    It will expire by Jan 20, 2006 (Friday)


    David Chang
    Seidio
    Dsc@seidio.com
  12. #12  
    Quote Originally Posted by seidioseidio
    Here is the discount code for G2200 GPS Navigational Kit for Treo 700W

    PRG22STR650
    Got any of those codes for the 2350 ? (on a 650)
  13. #13  
    GlobalSat BT-338 & TomTom 5.21 Outstanding performance...
  14. #14  
    Quote Originally Posted by DAFTEK
    GlobalSat BT-338 & TomTom 5.21 Outstanding performance...
    Agree, although if I were buying one now I'd go with the RBT-2010 over the BT-338 (given equal or better pricing). I've got both right now and the RBT-2010 is just a hair faster in picking up a signal (they both have excellent sensitivity and battery life)
  15. #15  
    As long as its a Sirf III based GPS device, I think you're likely in fair hands.

    I personally chose the Holux 236 slim because:
    - i has a hard-power switch, which will let me hardwire it in a hidden location in the car. (globalsat doesn't)
    - the rechargable battery it uses is identical to a Nokia model, so aftermarket replacements should be abundant.
    - its priced decently (~110usd)
  16. #16  
    Anyone tried the StarsNav BT-16 or the Rikaline 6033 GPS? I like the fact that if you plug it into your cigarette lighter, it will turn on and off with the car (if the cig. lighter does). Although it's not SiRF III, it doesn't sound like it's too far behind performance-wise. And it's only $80.

    See http://store.yahoo.com/semsons-inc/gpblgpsre32c.html or the review here: http://store.yahoo.com/semsons-inc/gpblgpsre32c.html for a comparision against the 338

    From what I can tell, it seems like the most bang for the buck, if you're not too concerned about 17 hour battery life.
  17. #17  
    I too hope for iGuidance to support the Treo 700W. Really liked that program running on my IPAQ. Bummers.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    Somebody posted the user manual for the Garmin GPS10/Palm and the graphics looked pretty archiac (and disappointing). TomTom looks much better...Although maybe (hopefully) the garmin interface will look better after we get more information.

    Is there a link please?
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by jing0124
    Look like Iguidance is not ready yet. So,

    1) Tomtom 5
    2) Seidio RBT-2010 BT receiver

    How about the mounting cradle ?

    I think that's the route I going for too. Proclipusa has some nice mounts btw...
    _________________
    aka Gfunkmagic

    Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w



    Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

    Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by gfunkmagic
    Is there a link please?

    http://www.gpsinformation.org/perry/...sforPalmOS.pdf

    The interface reminds me of something built for win95

    I think you are making the right move with TT and the RBT-2010 (If you didnt notice, Seidio said they would offer a bundled price for those two starting later today)
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions