Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by davisdog
    http://www.gpsinformation.org/perry/...sforPalmOS.pdf

The interface reminds me of something built for win95

I think you are making the right move with TT and the RBT-2010 (If you didnt notice, Seidio said they would offer a bundled price for those two starting later today)
    Thanks for the link. I wasn't aware that Garmin was releasing mapping software for other palmos devices. Is the Que software though similar to the iQue map bundle that comes on the 3600 etc. Is it the same interface?

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    I use: http://www.buygpsnow.com/item.aspx?itemid=385

Excellent value for money. I run it with TT5.
    tomtom is way overrated. if most of the opinions are coming from tomtom users using treo 650/palm, then there really isn't much choices. if i had a windows mobile, i would definately check out the reviews on the other solutions. there are way more gps software available for windows mobile than on palm.

tomtom's POI sucks big time, IMHO. search the forums for a discussion on this.
    I don't know if over-rated is the right term for TomTom.
    I think it's a good map program for your Treo, if that's all you want.
    If you want to create routes, view maps, etc. from your laptop/desktop TomTom leaves you high and dry.

I use Delorme and like it. I like being able to look at maps on my laptop (easier navigation) and print them if needed. I use the Treo to supplement the paper maps and the laptop.

The GPS aspect is nice to give you quick orientation as to where you are and to log your trips.

I've use several map software packages and to be honest... the best is Microsoft's Street and Trips (unfortunately not Palm compatible). Rand McNally used to produce a nice software package but now they use Delorme.

Again, TomTom is nice but with limitations.
    For a laptopp, I been using ChicagoMap for a decade and haven't found anything to approach it....especially when the whole country fits on a single CD. Laptop worked fine with the van where you had the over engine console to rest it on. I have over $1k of delorme software that I sue for work, tried several time with earlier palms and wa snot impressed.

Trying out TomTom now...ok but several major shoirtcomings.....

1. needs autozoom feature
    2. needs more waypoints w/o having to do itinerary.
    3. Install program horrendous
    4. PITA to have to load / unload map sets 3 times from NY -> Miami
    5. Desktop companion would help
    A little off topic, but since you all are using the Tom Tom software on your Treos..... How do you make the screen stay on? My keeps shutting off at whatever my Auto-Off setting is. So, every 3 minutes, the screen goes dark, I hit a key, it comes back up and has to reconnect to the receiver. Obviously annoying when driving. I have looked all over for a setting, can't find anything. Any help?
    A little off topic, but since you all are using the Tom Tom software on your Treos..... How do you make the screen stay on? My keeps shutting off at whatever my Auto-Off setting is. So, every 3 minutes, the screen goes dark, I hit a key, it comes back up and has to reconnect to the receiver. Obviously annoying when driving. I have looked all over for a setting, can't find anything. Any help?

Excellent question, I would like to know this also>
    Quote Originally Posted by tjphilpot
    Anyone tried the StarsNav BT-16 or the Rikaline 6033 GPS? I like the fact that if you plug it into your cigarette lighter, it will turn on and off with the car (if the cig. lighter does). Although it's not SiRF III, it doesn't sound like it's too far behind performance-wise. And it's only $80.

See http://store.yahoo.com/semsons-inc/gpblgpsre32c.html or the review here: http://store.yahoo.com/semsons-inc/gpblgpsre32c.html for a comparision against the 338

From what I can tell, it seems like the most bang for the buck, if you're not too concerned about 17 hour battery life.
    I use the Rikaline for this very reason. It is tucked away in the trunk of my car using a spare cigarette lighter plug. It usually has a fix before I pull out of the driveway. It also works great with TomTom Navigator. :thumbsup:
    Quote Originally Posted by zoti
    I use: http://www.buygpsnow.com/item.aspx?itemid=385

Excellent value for money. I run it with TT5.
    Zoti, and where is the best place that you got your TT5 software?
    buygpsnow.com sells it for $134.95 which is the lowest I've seen it anywhere. They are very reliable as you can read by the reviews people write on their website.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12