1.    #1  
    I am having a problem with installing AvantGo on my new prism. I have no trouble getting the AvantGo Software onto the prism, but when I try to sync up for the first time, the HotSync Manager generates a program error when the MobileLink program tries to connect to the AvantGo server, and then the sync aborts due to the fact the the HotSync Manager on the PC crashes.

Any one else seen this?

Using the USB version - no other problems syncing
    Uninstalled all hacks and Hackmaster
    Should have enough mem - over 3.5 megs free
    AvantGo support seems to be clueless.

Thanks
    Originally posted by boolage
    I am having a problem with installing AvantGo on my new prism. I have no trouble getting the AvantGo Software onto the prism, but when I try to sync up for the first time, the HotSync Manager generates a program error when the MobileLink program tries to connect to the AvantGo server, and then the sync aborts due to the fact the the HotSync Manager on the PC crashes.
    If you are upgrading from an older device to the Prism, you must delete all Avanto drivers and conduits from your PC and handheld, then reinstall a new one from Avantgo.com

hope this helps

Al
  3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply.

This is a new install of AvantGo - I have also uninstalled from the PC and the Visor several times, but this doesn't help
    Just a thought. You might check to see that the local USB choice is selected on your hotsync setup. I had a similar problem but I am using a serial cradle and both USB and serial were selectd. the PC didn't like it until I unchecked the USB.
    Do you have epocrates installed?
    The same thing happened to me and I had to remove it and install the newest version of avantgo and then install the new version of epocrates. If the answer to the first question is no then I give you a big ol' nevermind. Maybe this will help.
    You also need to delete the directories from your local hard drive. I ran into a simular problem and read somewhere that you have to delete the libmal and mal directories where they may exists. Then remove ALL Avantgo related files from your Visor and re-install. You will then have to go to the Avantgo site and run the software setup so that it will 'load' the correct server into your Visor.

Regards,
    Kevin Mckee