1.    #1  
    I just read that ptunes can stream shoutcast streams and that's just what I've been looking for... internet radio for my car. Right now I've been using my iPod with my tape adapter... now is there a way for me to connect the tape adapter to my treo? Its a stereo eighth inch jack and I need an adapter to go to the stereo 1/16" jack on my Treo. The Treo jack is stereo right? Would an adapter from RadioShackey work?
    yes. That's what I use. Palm and Seidio have adapters too
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
  3.    #3  
    Great! Thank for the reply. Not sure if you know this but what bitrate does shoutcast comfortably stream at with Sprint Vision?
    Quote Originally Posted by DJ Toboe
    Great! Thank for the reply. Not sure if you know this but what bitrate does shoutcast comfortably stream at with Sprint Vision?

Skip the whole cassette thing and go with a FM transmitter.
    I just read that ptunes can stream shoutcast streams and that's just what I've been looking for... internet radio for my car. Right now I've been using my iPod with my tape adapter... now is there a way for me to connect the tape adapter to my treo? Its a stereo eighth inch jack and I need an adapter to go to the stereo 1/16" jack on my Treo. The Treo jack is stereo right? Would an adapter from RadioShackey work?
    As suggested above, check out this thread...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...fm+transmitter

It has good info on how to set up the FM transmitter with your Treo if you decide to go that route. I am sure there are other threads covering the tape adapter.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
    No way - don't go with an FM transmitter - keep your cassette adapter and enjoy interference-free audio. After all, you're streaming internet radio at a low bitrate and you're probably listening to mp3s which have degraded sound quality. You're not going to notice any sound difference between cassette adapter and FM - you'll probably get interference with the FM transmitter like I did. I unfortunately was not able to find a solution to get a direct connection to my factory stereo, nor do I have a cassette player in my car. I went with an inline FM modulator (no transmitting) that cuts off my external antenna when it's on to minimize (it actually has eliminated in my case) interference.
    Just go to Treobits.

http://mobile.treobits.com/index.php?ind=shoutcast

It has a great search engine for Shoutcast. I normally stream at 56k. But it depends on location. For example, while driving from VA to NH I can stream at higher rates most of the route. However, this is not the same when driving to WI or WV. Just play with the bitrate provided by each individual station.
    Me = Nokia 5170/Palm III > Kyocera 6035 > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 755p > Treo Pro > Palm Pre

Wife = Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 755p > Palm Centro > Palm Pixi
  8.    #8  
    Cool thanks ^_^ Now to solve the buffering issue...