Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I love kmaps, but I am all of the sudden no longer able to get driving directions - i get the "string index out of bouds exception". Ideas?
    I get the same error message. I can get a map, but not the directions from one place to another. Any ideas?
    It's working better for both of you than it is for me. I installed Java and get the error message in kmaps "Oops! java.lang.RuntimeException: Document has no root element!" after typing in an address.
    I installed it last night. I get the "Oops! java.lang.RuntimeException: Document has no root element!" when I try to search in the UK (where I'm based), but it works ok for the US search. I'd like to fix this, as it looks like a great app!
    Maybe we're both missing key files...
  6.    #6  
    I don't know. But I do know this - it worked fine for the last two months, driving directions and all...and I haven't changed anything. I don't know if deleting and then re-installing would help or not.
    I am in the US and just installed it all for the first time and am getting that same outofbounds error
    Well, it isn't perfect and it makes me crazy, but I still do love my Treo!
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I had lots of problems when I first tried to get kmaps working. I uninstalled and reinstalled Java and KMaps several times, and eventually it started working.
    Anyone else have any ideas other than uninstalling and reinstalling until it still doesn't work??
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    I get to contribute a lot to this thread by saying that I too get that same error when trying to get driving directions. I also have made no changes to my Treo in the kmaps/java department, other than adding the GetMovies program and the TV2Nite program.
    I too have experienced the same...
    Click for Free iPod Nano or better. - really works!
    <bump>

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
    Apparently broken directions is a known bug. Maps still work. Look at the end of this thread from MTDN

http://mytreo.net/forum/index.php/topic,18205.180.html
    i have this error "Oops! java.lang.RuntimeException: Document has no root element!"
    Is there an older version that works for directions?
    Sprint Treo 650 CDMA
    Quote Originally Posted by one2ku
    i have this error "Oops! java.lang.RuntimeException: Document has no root element!"
    I'm getting the identical error message.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Is this what happens when a developer gets "bought out" by a company? Suddenly, no support, software breaks, etc.?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    OK, given up. This looked like a fantastic app, but basically I can't get any of it to work without error messages (Document has no root element) and resets.

The US maps sometimes work, the UK ones don't at all.

Is this KMaps or Java or both?
    Found this at MTDN's Kmaps download page. I haven't tried it yet, but it's worth a shot.
    User: eddieatcnet
    Rating: 9
    20 Jan, 2006
    FIX "java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException" Once you installed Java, go to your "Prefs" where you will find a new "IBM and Java" section. Tap it and under Global Preferences change the Memory Heap Size and Thread Stack Size to maximum.
    Ok... it didn't work for me.

Maybe I need more free RAM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast