1.    #1  
    Has anyone tried running the Palm Desktop on the new intel platform?

Timmay
    Iím a lucky man to count on both hands
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    I would be interested to know also. Apple claims they're delivering the new laptop models in February. They look REALLY good.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by bigredgpk
    Has anyone tried running the Palm Desktop on the new intel platform?

Timmay
    Damn, I was in the Apple store today checking out the new iMac and iLife 06. I wish I would have thought of it. I guess I will next time.
    Apple iPhone 8GB
    Apple 15" Macbook Pro 2.33 Ghz C2D
    Retired Treo 650
  4.    #4  
    Those new Macs are soooo hot! I have a Hi Res 15" Powerbook at work and i'm kicking myself for asking for it... now I have to wait til this one poops the bed or I have $2000 dropped on my lap.

Though i'm now officaly waiting for the Intel mac mini!

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Visor Pro -> Visor Edge -> Treo 180 -> Treo 270 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> T|T2+SE T68i -> Treo 600 -> T-Mobile MDA -> Treo 755p -> Treo 800w -> Treo 755p -> PALM PRE -> Palm Pre 2 -> HP Palm Pre 3

Twittering about
    Rosetta (PowerPC emulator) should work in "theory" but I'm not sure what Rosetta does with hardware like USB and firewire.

I saw a demonstration of Final Cut pro working in Rosetta with the machine hooked up with Firewire drives and external displays so I guess it should work.

Sorry for not having any hard evidence.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by trowa
    Rosetta (PowerPC emulator) should work in "theory" but I'm not sure what Rosetta does with hardware like USB and firewire.

I saw a demonstration of Final Cut pro working in Rosetta with the machine hooked up with Firewire drives and external displays so I guess it should work.

Sorry for not having any hard evidence.
    That firewire hard drive should have worked even without Rosetta, the driver is built into the OS. But the drivers for the Palm handhelds are maintained by Palm Source. So idk if they would work or not.

Timmay
    The ones I love..

Twittering about
    Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I'd wait for the reviews to come in first Revision A of any Apple product usually comes back with "issues".
    Just synced my intel iMac (20") with my Palm TX. Works fine. I haven't tried with my Treo because I don't want to risk syncing it with two machines but I assume it would work as well.

Dennis