1.    #1  
    I just finally ditched my Treo 300 and moved to the Treo 650 after buying one on ebay from a fellow TC member. Thanks Manny.

I love everything about the Treo 650 with one excpetion. I REALLY miss my Treo 300s keyboard. I could type a heck of a lot faster and with less errors on my Treo 300 than I can on the 650.

I'm sure I'm awful "late to the game" in making this observation, but I was surprised by just how big a difference there is. I hope they "uncramp" the keyboard a bit somehow on the 700p.

The keyboard issue aside - I sure wish I had taken the plaunge sooner.
    How did you upgrade from the Treo 300? If you did a direct hotsync to your 300's userid, we will need to do a clean install.

Cheers, Perry.
  3.    #3  
    No - I did everything clean. Thanks though for thinking of it.
    Practicee, prcastice, pfacttice
    Just kidding! I went from a 300 to a 600 to a 650 and it took a while, but now I dont even think about it.
    Yes the 300 keyboar was nice. Just be gratefull you went directly to the 650 and skipped the 600. The 600 keyboard sucks vs. the 650.
    Congratulations
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Quote Originally Posted by socomon
    No - I did everything clean. Thanks though for thinking of it.
    Enjoy the 650!!

2003, eh? I feel like such a noobie.

Cheers, Perry.
    Welcome to the party! I'm sure you'll adjust fine to the new keyboard layout - it's just different. I have the same problem when using the keyboards on different laptops.
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    I disagree with TurboTiger. When I had a Treo 300, I thought the keyboard was too small. The Treo 600 was a step backwards. And the 650 was yet another step backwards from that. The 650's buttons are bigger, but they're also closer together and easier to depress compared to the 600's, making typos easier (at least for me). So, from my perspective, each new iteration has gone in the wrong direction in terms of improving the keyboard. I'd love to see a Treo with a bigger, roomier thumbboard (see my sig for one idea how they could do this and still maintain great one-handed usage).
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    I wouldn't worry about it at all. Every time I start playing with a new device the learning curve kicks my but for a month or 2.

There is no better KB than the Treo 650. It is an unreal achievement in intelligent engineering. It couldn't be any more perfect. I type as fast on it as I do my desktop computer
  11.    #11  
    One off topic issue I could use some help on.

I got a soft reset this morning. ##377# said - A crash occurred while running "Network" - fatal exception. This is a Sprint Treo, so no loose SIM or cingular issue. It happened when I pushed the VersaMail button. After the soft reset all my VersaMail accounts and data were gone. Any thoughts?
  12. lua
    Quote Originally Posted by Tem
    There is no better KB than the Treo 650. It is an unreal achievement in intelligent engineering. It couldn't be any more perfect. I type as fast on it as I do my desktop computer
    agreed. it all boils down to one thing - it's not possible to cater to fingers of all shapes and sizes.
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
    Well versamail is buggy sometimes. On P1 the ROM update even stated the new ROM had a more stable version of VM. That tells me they acknowledge the last version was unstable and the term more means the new version is still unstable. Which ROM do you have the version with the slightly unstable VM or the more unstable VM?

They don't call it VersaFail for nothing
    I personally never had any real big issues VM but I only used it for a few months because I found out how awesome Chatter is whether you use IMAP, POP....push or no push...chatter is fantastic!!!
  15.    #15  
    I have Sprint's 1.12a firmware. I used Snapper on my 300 and liked it. I never got into Chatter - probably becuase my ISP doesn't have IMAP.