1.    #1  
    I've looked in the other threads hoping to find a solution but didn't not find one that met my needs. I hope you can assist.

I had some problems with my phone orignally when I tried the Cingular updater where it was stuck in a loop. This was caused mainly since my company "forces" the Credent Guardian software from my work laptop to the palm. So far this has not been a big deal but came into play when I tried the update. So after messing around and *finally* getting the updater to.. well. update. Now the updating software wants to keep on updating every time I hotsync. I saw on another forum to delete the D.C. and the Treoupdater from the apps list on the phone. I have done that but when I synched last time it still wants to re-flash the phone again. I thought perhaps what I could do is just delete my userID account on my laptop and install as a new userID but I can't find anywhere in the software how to remove that account. I'd need to make the new account the same userID since I have some paid applications that are registered for that userID account. At this point the phone works but each time I hotsync I get the window that says to hook up the power cord to continue the update.

If someone could guide me on how to remove the update part I'd greatly appreciate it. I'm headed out of the country on business in a few days and would hate to mess up my phone.

Thanks.
    Treo 650 - Firmware 01.51 / SW Treo650-1.17-CNG / HW: A
    Let Sleeping Dogs Lie...
    0. Try and identify any applications in the Backup folder on the PC that belongs to the flash process. Delete them (see below for why).

1. Hard reset the phone. Press and hold the red power button while resetting. You'll lose EVERYTHING on the Treo.

2. Hotsysnc. The PC will ask you to either select an existing ID or define a new one. Define a new ID (call it something obvious, like Junk).

3. Run the flash procedure from the beginning (run the downloaded file you got from the Palm web site). It will backup your Treo (to the Jink ID), update, and restore (from the Junk ID).

4. Hard reset. Hotsysnc. This time select the old ID that you were using in the past.

The gotcha is that your old ID's Backup folder probably has some remenants of the flash files, that may get loaded again at this stage. Look for files named

AAAChecker*
    Devicecustomer*
    Firmware*
    ROMUpdater*

* being any other characters. I got an idea about the file names by looking inside the ZIP file that is used by the Mac users. For Mac users, Cingular has made the upgrade process more transparent than for Windows users (who are just supposerd to run an EXE and pray !!)
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  3.    #3  
    Thanks. I try the hard reset when I get off work.

I looked in the backup folder but did not see any of the files you mentioned. I did find those files in the palmone directory though called "Treo 650 Update". See attached screen shot. I wonder if I moved this folder to another area on the laptop if it would still try and run the updater?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Let Sleeping Dogs Lie...
    I would delete that directory, as it would get re-created as needed when you re-try the update after a hard reset under a new ID.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  5.    #5  
    Alright. I could give that a try. I've also attached a screen shot of my backup folder. If you see anything in there (I didn't) that looks like it might be part of the problem, let me know.

Thanks.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Let Sleeping Dogs Lie...
    I have a user at the office experiencing the same problem. Since doing the firmware update his Treo 650 runs the updater each time he HotSynchs and what makes it worse is that he then has to reinstall Goodlink which is a messaging suite that ties in with Exchange. I was stumped until finding this thread today. I plan to try it when the guy returns from Europe.

None of the rest of our Treo's had this problem, but then again he's the only guy that never reads/follows directions.