1.    #1  
    oh crap people. i am trying to get ringtones on my phone and i dont have a data plan so when i was initially installing my phone on my computer i didnt install versamail. everyone said that i can use versamail to save a file to my phone in order to use it as a ringtone so i decided to go back with my initial CD and install versamail. i hotsynced it and now my phone says Please load Library SAMgr.Lib as an error (then i press OK), then another error comes up and says Database: can't find (Dm 0207) so i pressed ok on that and it keeps restarting and only does this. i cant even use my phone. i am a new treo user (about a month) and have had no problems. PLEASE HELP ME!!!

thanks
  2.    #2  
    please help me if you can. my phone is basically useless now!!!
    HAve you tried resetting your treo while holding down the up arrow? This is kind of like a safe mode.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

4.    #4  
    how do i reset it (i know this must sound stupid but im new). i heard of some little button on the back but i dont see one on mine (verizon locked). thanks for replying
    Remove the battery door. There is a small hole to reset, or you can just take out the battery then put it back in. Hold the up arrow key down.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

6.    #6  
    i tried that and it got to the screen as if i pressed the green phone button. the phone is off and if i try to hold down the power button to turn the phone on and it restarts the looping reseting and error thing. if i do a hard reset does that mean that when i hotsync next that my phone will be back to normal? im so scared. any other help?
    If you hard reset it will erase everything on the phone. When you hotsync it will put the data it has backed up back on the phone. If you can lose what is on the phone than you can go that route. If you reset the Treo and hold the up arrow you can try to delete the offending software from the Treo and get it going that way.

8.    #8  
    when i do the safe mode reset i cant get to my main menu or "house" button in order to remove the file (versa mail or voice dialing is what i did last). i hotsynced my phone a couple minutes before the bad hotsync happened so i have everything i need saved on my computer. if i do a hard reset does this mean that i will have everything i need again after i do another hotsync? thanks for being the only one to help me!!
    I would go in the safe mode way delete Voice Dialing and VersaMail. Then reset and see if is back to normal. Once we get it back to normal we can look at getting VersaMail going for your ringtones.

10.    #10  
    how would i delete the voice dialing and versa mail if i can only go to text messaging, my main green phone button page and my calandar page? i cant think of a way to manage my prgrams without my zfile program thing. do you have an instant messenger so we can talk that way. i appreciate your help so much!! thanks
    I don't have IM setup. Can you get to your main page? House button. If so from there hit menu then delete. You can then see files you can delete. try deleting any data associated with those two apps. VersaMail is actually in ROM so you can delete it but you may be able to delete the config files.

12.    #12  
    cant get to my main page (house button). that is the issue. this is so dissapointing
    If you have a good backup lets try the hard reset. Reset and hold the red button down until you see the round Palm logo (after the PalmOne logo) the let go and it will tell you to push the up button to reset. Then hotsync, if it is the same after hotsync then the saftware problem is backed up and we will need to do one other thing. Don't be to worried.

14.    #14  
    YAY it works. thanks so much for talking me through this. you are a saint! thanks again.