1.    #1  
    When I go to transfer files for an install of some software I get an error about unknown file extension type and they Palm software refuses to transfer the files. Searched forum for help but no luck... Links? Tips?

Many Thanks
    try receiveit
    Quote Originally Posted by gecko1969
    When I go to transfer files for an install of some software I get an error about unknown file extension type and they Palm software refuses to transfer the files. Searched forum for help but no luck... Links? Tips?

Many Thanks

What files type are you trying to install? Extension mangers like Receiveit can help you manage your file extension associations, but you still have to have an app installed for that file type...

Current device: Palm Pre
    Device graveyard: Palm Vx, Cassiopeia E100, LG Phenom HPC, Palm M515, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700p, Axim X50v, Treo 800w

Please don't PM me about my avatar. For more info go here.

Restore your Pre to factory settings using webos doctor and follow these instructions
  4.    #4  
    Tom Tom is what the install is. It's choking on a .bin or somme such file which I think is a Map file for Tom Tom. So it looks like a chicken and egg problem as Tom Tom handles the file but wont be installed until it is linked with the Map file extension... Kinda silly. And Tom Tom is not finding it's map files. It starts up but then stops saying it has not found any map files..