1.    #1  
    with callback, you make a call, hang up, get a ring and then you have to dial the number you want to reach, without having the touch screen pad available - requiring the use of the hard keys, which are difficult to use without making a mistake. Is there any software that makes the touch screen appear to send tones so the callback system can call the number?
    do you just want to redial the last number you called? Green phone button twice...
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    On my Treo, after answering, just press the icon on the right side of the screen that looks like a little dial pad - then it brings back the dial pad and allows you to send tones.
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by mnspyder
    On my Treo, after answering, just press the icon on the right side of the screen that looks like a little dial pad - then it brings back the dial pad and allows you to send tones.
    [QUOTE]
    duh - thanks, mnspyder!
    scottymomo - callback works by dialing a special number in the US, hanging up, then receiving a callback from the US number. You then get a US dial tone that is much cheaper to use than direct dialing from the foreign country. (You dial whomever you want, but definitely not the last number.
  5.    #5  
    I've now noted that sometimes I have the icon that lets me bring up the phone keypad, but sometimes the icon isn't there. Why? How can I bring up the keypad if the icon isn't there?
    After much trial and error with Cingular support, they figured it out: Press the green phone button to bring up the touch keypad!
    Last edited by NYC VZ guy; 01/12/2006 at 11:35 PM. Reason: found answer and posted it