Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Ooh hoo! Very nice!
    "'Form follows function' that has been misunderstood. Form and function should be one, joined in a spiritual union."
    Frank Lloyd Wright
    Sorry to bust your bubble, but I think LiveFaith made this very same mockup a long time ago. I'm sure that many would be happy to see such a device, though I'd be concerned about it being a bit too top-heavy. Even my 650 can feel a bit top-heavy at times due to the relatively low positioning of the D-Pad/keyboard.

Take a look at my sig for another idea on a 480x320 Treo. I made that a *LONG* time ago and it's in desperate need of some tweaking. Specifically, I've been meaning to change the up/down button on the front to a full D-Pad, get rid of the antenna, make the camera fixed (there's already enough moving parts), and probably get rid of the some of the buttons below the screen in tablet mode (possibly even get rid of the flip-and-twist tablet mode altogether and just make it a phone/clamshell device).
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott R
    Sorry to bust your bubble, but I think LiveFaith made this very same mockup a long time ago. I'm sure that many would be happy to see such a device, though I'd be concerned about it being a bit too top-heavy. Even my 650 can feel a bit top-heavy at times due to the relatively low positioning of the D-Pad/keyboard.

Take a look at my sig for another idea on a 480x320 Treo. I made that a *LONG* time ago and it's in desperate need of some tweaking. Specifically, I've been meaning to change the up/down button on the front to a full D-Pad, get rid of the antenna, make the camera fixed (there's already enough moving parts), and probably get rid of the some of the buttons below the screen in tablet mode (possibly even get rid of the flip-and-twist tablet mode altogether and just make it a phone/clamshell device).

no, actually, live faith mocked a flip phone. i mocked up the 480 x 320 screen candy bar treo a while ago.
    here ya go...
    http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...t=97247&page=3
    Last edited by vw2002; 01/10/2006 at 10:10 PM.
    Global Posts
    939 Global Posts
    i definitely like checkmate`s renderings more because of how much more cleanly they are drawn up, but this is another one of the ones i mocked up a couple months back. very similar.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by vw2002; 01/10/2006 at 10:13 PM.
    Actually, I was thinking of this one by LiveFaith:
    http://www.churchoflivingfaith.com/i...treo800big.jpg

It's 320x480 but lacks the thumbboard.

In any case, I guess I was wrong and he didn't mockup this exact same design. Sorry.

FWIW, another take on this design that would reduce the pocket-size and keep it from being top-heavy would be a slider design where, when closed, it looks pretty much like the current 600/650/700w (but without the antenna) with 320x320 screen. But then you could slide the keyboard down and expose the full 320x480 screen a la the Tungsten T.
    Now THIS is the future of smartphones.
    That is awesome! I may give up my PPC
    Global Posts
    261 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by checkmate
    Here it is in Black:
    Meennnnn, sign me up for this baby!!! Looks too fabolous!
    "Bite the hand that feeds you,.......They'll always be impressed by the sharpness of your teeth."-Peggy Sellers (Miriam Margolyes)
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12