1.    #1  
    I like the oakley thumps with mp3s but I think there is a seperate oakley product that allows bluetooth voice calls I want both damnit! Anyone know if this is possible or scheduled for future?

chiselmonkey
    Oakley & Motorola announced a product to be released 2nd or 3rd quarter of 2006 called the O ROKR, which will be a bluetooth headset & bluetooth headphones built into a pair of sunglasses. I assume it will use the AD2P bluetooth audio profile, (which our Treo 650 doesn't support) for playing music. So we may be out of luck...

Let me know, anyone, if I'm wrong (I hope I am!)
    hey, what about using the Oakley ROKR glasses with the Softick Audio Gateway software to use A2DP on the 650. Any tried this? would love to get rid of the wires and have sterio music.
    Quote Originally Posted by robh11
    hey, what about using the Oakley ROKR glasses with the Softick Audio Gateway software to use A2DP on the 650. Any tried this? would love to get rid of the wires and have sterio music.

Got a pair of O ROKR bluetooth sunglasses last week. After installing & config Softick Audio Gateway (SAG) and some fiddling around, I finally got them to work together, sort of.

My quick thoughts on the subject, in case anyone cares (with only 3 posts on this thread, that may not be very many people who care...)

1. When I first powered-up the Oakleys and tried to connect, they paired just fine, but wouldn't connect for a call, either incoming or outgoing. I don't know exactly what I did to eventually get them working, but when they finally did...

2. Bluetooth connection quality & speed on a phone call was decent, even better than many sets I've tried. No voice dialing, but that's the Treo's fault, not the Moto/Oakley's (tried voicedial on my wife's Motorola, and it works fine).

3. Bluetooth Audio sounds great too, as long as I'm sitting down. It seems that when I stand and walk around, my body must be causing interference between the treo at my left waist, and the sunglasses, which have the bluetooth "pick-up" on the right side, I think. Sound cuts in and out while walking around. More detail on this if anyone asks.

4. One last thing: Most times I try to make a phone call with SAG enabled, the treo either resets or hangs. So I usually disable SAG before making calls, and re-enable when I want my music. Sort of a pain, but I like not having wires. Your opinion (and results) may vary.

The final word? They could stand much improvement, but I'll keep using them until something better comes along...
    thudson, thx for the comments. re your #3 comment. Do you have better results if you hang the treo from your right waist? or maybe a right shoulder holster idea. I want to use this for running and cycling, so this might solve the problem. I am in Italy now, but will see if I can find one to pick up and will pass on any comments. I think this is a great product, and am surprised at the lack of interest in the thred.
    correction. I meant to call it a great product idea. the product itself may still need some work.
    Quote Originally Posted by robh11
    re your #3 comment. Do you have better results if you hang the treo from your right waist? or maybe a right shoulder holster idea.

Yes, some improvement with it on my right hip instead of left. But it still seems that even my arm can cause interference at times.

Softick Audio Gateway sometimes has trouble connecting to the headphones, and freezes my Treo. A soft reset solves this, but it's definately a pain.

I should also mention that though one is supposed to be able to control the FFWD/RWD, SKIP NEXT/PREV and PLAY/PAUSE of the music on the Treo via the the O ROKR, I have not been able to do so yet. Seems the connection thru SAG is one-way only.

Anyway, let me know what you think of them once you've tried...
    The remote control features require AVRCP bluetooth profile which SAG supposedly has now.
    Thudson,

First let me say that your time here or your post counts means nothing compared to the information youve given. Thank you very much for the review, espically since its going to be such a niche market. Your review is very welcome and thanks again. Also, with and avatar like that (very cool) how could anyone NOT want to hear/read what you have to say?

Second, what version of SAG are you using? Version of PTunes and whats your phone setup? carrier, rev number etc.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Hdhntr23 (presumably abbr for Headhunter aka Bounty Hunter?)
    Thanks you for your compliments. Avitar is a photo of my oldest son in a costume we made together (in case you wanted some background info).

Yes, my posts are few, but I read the forum as often as I can. Just don't always have much to add, so many other people have great helpful input.

I'm using SAG Version 1.06.657. Was using RealPlayer until I read that SAG's AVRCP profile works with PTunes (tip o' the hat to IsLNdbOi), so I bought PTunes 3.1.5 Deluxe. Now pause/play button works once PTunes is launched, and the Next/Prev buttons on Moto-Oakley will skip to next or previous song, but won't Fast-Forward or Rewind within a song. Not a big deal to me, but someday would be nice to have.

Still haven't found any other work-around for my item #4 problem (see my post on 7/24). If anyone has advice, I'm listening. You could even call me while I'm listening to PTunes, 'cause it recieves calls just fine. Just have to remember to disconnect SAG before making *outgoing* calls...

In Summary:
    SAG = 1.06.657
    PTunes = 3.1.5
    phone setup =PalmOne Treo 650 Firmware 01.28 Software 1.13-ROW Hardware A
    carrier = Rogers (Canada) GSM

I should also mention, in case anyone experiences this on their hardware, that my Treo usually hangs/freezes if I try to enable SAG immediately after establishing a Bluetooth connection between the O ROKR and Treo.
    I've found it's better to wait for the inverted Bluetooth icon (the one in the upper right-hand corner of my treo screen) to revert to normal after connecting, then enable SAG.

Happy Hunting!
    I used to be a corporate recruiter but I got out of it and the screen name stuck!

Im wondering if you start SAG up, and try to connect to remote device (assuming youve got your rokrs paired to your unit) what happens?

Thats how I connect to my Plantronics590A which BTW I love.

Good luck and Im still praying that Softick comes out with a version for the 700P
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.