Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    My Treo , not all the time but at least 3 times a day keeps resetting itself when receiving a phone call or Text message , When I heard it reset phone comes back on but now i know it is from a text or a call coming in. Does anyone know about this problem... Please help !!!
    2much
    Do you have a Cingular or a SIM tray Treo? Loose SIM cards can cause this. Cingular has been shipping out corrective SIM trays. Check with your store. Or, place three thicknesses of scotch tape on the back of the SIM and see if this cures the problem.

If none of the above:

You may have software corruption that needs to be cleaned up with a hard reset and clean install. Did you upgrade from a prior Palm device by just hotsyncing to that userid?

Cheers, Perry.

Soft
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    I have a new sims tray , will try the hard reset , thanks
    If you do a hard reset -- do not immediately do a hotsync. Run clean for a day and see if the problem disappears. If so, great. If not, it's hardware or SIM tray related.

If the problem goes away, then hotsync. If the problem returns then, we need to do a clean install:

http://treo.discuss.treocentral.com/...ad.php?t=99450

Cheers, Perry.
    Global Posts
    7 Global Posts
    thanks , tring clean now .. will see what is does tomorrow . hopefully this will work

Richard
    The next time it resets, go into the dialpad and punch in ##ERR#
    It'll tell you what application caused the reset.
    If you are running VolumeCare, upgrade to version 5.15 or greater. Earlier versions of VolumeCare *could* cause resets on incoming SMS messages. This problem has been FIXED.

Here is the location for the updated version of VolumeCare:

http://gotreosoftware.com/modules.ph...p=getit&lid=16

Jeff
    How do I dial ##ERR# to get an error log?
    Quote Originally Posted by sampatel
    How do I dial ##ERR# to get an error log?
    ##377#

(As if you were tapping it out on the dial pad -- not the keyboard.)

Cheers, Perry.
    For GSM (Cingular) it is

#*377 <dial>
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    what is the error report code for verizon? had my first couple resets today. and, mind my stupidity, but what is the keypad vs. dialpad?
    Global Posts
    82 Global Posts
    #*#377
    thanks i will try that if it resets anytime soon ::crossing fingers::
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Okay, so after 1 year of using my Sprint Treo 650, downloading the latest ROM update of 1.12 and having used since that update first came out, the absolute only time it soft resets is when I use the web. But what is strange is that over the last few weeks, it is on a revolving basis, that being a web page stored in my bookmarks will one day load with no reset, and then a few days later that same bookmark will then cause a reset when trying to load the page. Then another day the page will load with no problem. Different bookmarked web pages will do the same thing at other times. One day it loads, then it causes a soft reset. The latest message after entering the error code says :

" A reset was caused on 1/10/06at 6:20 pm while running " Web ":

"Emul68KMain.c,
    Line:438, line 1010
    exception at address
    7312711A "

There isn't alot of 3rd party software installed either, only Butler, Splash ID, Volume Care, KB Lights Off, and Z Launcher. That is it and also these applications were all installed prior to the 1.12 update. I have 13.6 megs of Ram in the handheld and 600 megs of Ram in the Sandisk card, only storing Docs to Go files, pictures, and a couple videos.

Any thoughts and explanations will be much appreciated.

------------------------------
    Sprint Treo 650
    1.12 Rocks !
    ( But now beginning to wonder. )
    Quote Originally Posted by xylashellx
    what is the error report code for verizon? had my first couple resets today. and, mind my stupidity, but what is the keypad vs. dialpad?
    keypad = Treo keyboard

dialpad = what shows up on the TREO touch screen, that looks like a phone dial
    where typing "ERR" using the 3 letter designations per numerical key = typing 377 (PQRS are on the 7 key)

Sorry, my terms.

Cheers, Perry
    when mine resets i dont get the dial pad. it goes directly to the "palm" logo. are you guys saying that when yours resets, the screen goes directly to the dialpad? thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by xylashellx
    when mine resets i dont get the dial pad. it goes directly to the "palm" logo. are you guys saying that when yours resets, the screen goes directly to the dialpad? thanks
    Nope. Just trying to explain how to "type in ##ERR#, which you cannot type in on the Treo keyboard -- you have to type ##377# there. The "ERR" part is visible on a "dialpad" as displayed on the Treo screen or on a desk phone.

Cheers, Perry.
    AH HAH!! genius. thanks.
    ehosey

download and install palminternals, then click the Notif button. Once it finishes, scroll up and look for an address code close to the one reported from the ##377 error log. Chances are that app is causing the prob. I would then install Resco Locker and lock that app and see if the prob goes away. If not, try deleting the app and see if it goes away
    Palm III > HS Visor > Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 750 > Treo Pro > PrePlus GSM

"95% of all software issues are due to USER ERROR."
    Global Posts
    776 Global Posts
    Scottymomo,

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll try it and see what happens.

----------------------------------
    Sprint Treo 650
    1.12 Rocks !
    ( But now beginning to wonder. )
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast