Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1.    #1  
    I just got my 15th refurb from Cingular and it is a POS!!! ( and I do not mean Palm Operating System! )

    I have had so many problems that I was finally sent a brand new phone in the original box as a replacement. That phone worked flawlessly......until the 5 way nav would no longer go left with out a lot of pushing. I almost kept it anyway hoping by some miracle it would be fixed on its own. Since that "New" phone replacement I just received number six today bringing me to a grand total of 15. I have decided to return ths phone, drop Cingular. I am probably going to move to Verizon and try the 700W since I can no longer go through this replacement misery with Cingular!!
  2. #2  
    15? Come on, are you serious? 15?

    What issues have they all had that required them to be returned...all you listed is the 5way issue.

    I'm sorry, but it seems pretty hard to believe that anyone has been given 15 bad phones. No offense, but it sounds like you are either VERY rough with them or hyper-critical.
    "Common sense is the collection of prejudices acquired by age eighteen."
    - Albert Einstein
  3. #3  
    Obviously their refurbished items are not good but I couldn't find a thread about Cingular'a service quality. I am not an online shopping expert but when I was checking online and found out that Cingular's plan gave the best deals on Treos. I found one site stating Treo 650 price as $249,99. That's a good price right? Palm's own site was showing $299: Palm

    There were some other deals around but most with loyalty discount stuff but I am a new customer. Any comments?
  4.    #4  
    Quote Originally Posted by ExtraOrdinaryJo
    15? Come on, are you serious? 15?

    What issues have they all had that required them to be returned...all you listed is the 5way issue.

    I'm sorry, but it seems pretty hard to believe that anyone has been given 15 bad phones. No offense, but it sounds like you are either VERY rough with them or hyper-critical.

    I am far from a power user. I know 5 or 6 of them had synching problems in that they could not be recognized by my computer when I plugged it in. No charging or synching. One shipped with somehting rattling around in it ( sent that one right back ) Three had bad cameras which I almost overlooked since I do not use that function very much. However, given what I paid for the phone I want all of the functions to work. The others were constantly resetting. The only app I run on my phone is Worldmate. Other then that it is the software that came with the phone. I have done soft hard and zero resets and even wiped all of the software off of my computer, including back up files, to do a true re-load and give these phones a realistic chance. I do not have the time to mess with this anymore. I love my Treo and wish the one with the navigation button problem had not had that issue. it was rock solid performance wise and never reset.
  5. #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    I am far from a power user. I know 5 or 6 of them had synching problems in that they could not be recognized by my computer when I plugged it in. No charging or synching.
    And this wasn't some sort of user error/cable connection/bad cable issue!?!

    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    One shipped with somehting rattling around in it ( sent that one right back )
    Yeah.. That would have been the mute switch on top.

    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    Three had bad cameras which I almost overlooked since I do not use that function very much. However, given what I paid for the phone I want all of the functions to work.
    Sorry, the camera sucks. Working or not working, the pictures would be about as usable.

    Quote Originally Posted by txschafers
    The others were constantly resetting. The only app I run on my phone is Worldmate. Other then that it is the software that came with the phone. I have done soft hard and zero resets and even wiped all of the software off of my computer, including back up files, to do a true re-load and give these phones a realistic chance.
    Yet you only had WorldMate as software? And you were doing all these hard resets? I'm thinking you're forgetting something.

    Good grief.
  6. #6  
    Got my first and only Cingular Treo 650 in September 05. Lots of extra software, no problems....hardware or otherwise.
  7. #7  
    Yeah I could have mentioned that too; my wife got her Cingular refurb in November and it's been perfect for her. She's had two soft resets sending MMS messages, but she doesn't soft reset or anything like that which we all know is a semi-required maintenance to keep 'er running smoothly, so she likely just ran completely out of dbcache.
  8. #8  
    I got a refurbed 650 from Cingular through the Express Exchange program. It had over 11,000 minutes on it and I didn't try to see how long it would last. Got my two month old 650 working and sent the refurbished unit back.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus
    And this wasn't some sort of user error/cable connection/bad cable issue!?!


    Yeah.. That would have been the mute switch on top.


    Sorry, the camera sucks. Working or not working, the pictures would be about as usable.


    Yet you only had WorldMate as software? And you were doing all these hard resets? I'm thinking you're forgetting something.

    Good grief.
    Was not a cable issue since the phone I was replacing never had this problem and I have several different cables in addition to the original one.

    Regarding the rattling this was internal and not the mute switch. I held the switch and it was still rattling internal. I only had one that did this.

    Regarding Worldmate, I have all of the normal software that came with the phone like D2Go but this is the only one I purchased that I loaded. I have re-loaded on a few of them with out Worldmate to see if maybe that was the issue.

    At this point I do not care about the camera since it is garbage resolution anyway.

    The good news is Cingular is sending me a new in the box phone so hopefully this will be the last post I make on this issue and can enjoy my Treo again.

Posting Permissions