1.    #1  
    This has been an ongoing problem for a number of months, but enough people in the office now have Treos that I need to figure out a solution. Like most offices, we have a dedicated line for retrieving voicemail from offisite. It works flawlessly when using a landline or most cell phones. You call the number, hit **, followed by your extension and password.

HOWEVER, when you call the voicemail number with a Treo 600/650, and "try" to hit **, you are not taken to the correct menu. It's almost like the Treo "touchtones" are too slow/long to activate the proper menu. Once in a bluemoon, you can get it to work right, but it seems like punching in two consecutive * is not possible from the Treo...or it's not fast enough, or something along those lines. I've tried manually hitting **, and using the dial pad with stylus. Neither work, except for maybe 1 in 15/20 attempts. The higher-ups in the office are getting frustrated.

Any ideas on this problem? The voicemail system is some type of older Meridian Norstar...and like I said, works fine from any non-Treo phone.

Thanks in advance!
    There have been long DTMF tone issues on various firmware versions. What firmware versions and carriers are you using? We had this same issue and I now have all the Treos in our office working fine.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

3.    #3  
    Thanks for the reply James. Here is the info you requested:

Firmware: 01.31
    Software: Treo650-1.13-ROW
    Hardware: A

A few of my other users probably are on slightly older firmware...but we are all on Cingular (formerly AT&T). And it doesn't work from ANY of our phones. Thanks for any further info.

Chris

Quote Originally Posted by jamesgangut
    There have been long DTMF tone issues on various firmware versions. What firmware versions and carriers are you using? We had this same issue and I now have all the Treos in our office working fine.
    For the 650's we had to use firmware 1.43 or 1.71 neither is officially supported but they allowed ust to work, you can leave the software at 1.13.
    PalmIII > PalmIIIx > PalmIIIxe > TRGPro > Handera 330 > Zire71 > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Treo750 > Centro > TreoPro > iPhone 32GB 3GS

If you're interested in trying out a third party application, TAKEphONE might fix the issue. Not only does it have the ability to do fast DTMF but you can program the ** into your contact number and it will dial automatically.

Might be easier than getting everyone to upgrade their firmware.
  6.    #6  
    Thanks for the replies James and Hoovs. I will try these suggestions out within a couple of days (am currently on travel) and reply back with the results. It is GREATLY appreciated.