1.    #1  
    When I first start up Chatter, I hit Quick Sync and it has "Menu-R" in the bottom right of the screen. What does that mean? And what does it do?

Also Is there a shortcut to tell it to fetch mail without hitting menu and then quick sync?

BTW, I use the POP3 protocol...

MG
    It just means that Chatter couldn't connect after a number of tries and is waiting to try again. The delay can be ended by using Menu-R.

Marc
  3.    #3  
    I don't have it set to quick sync at intervals, I just open it up and want to manually have it check.

Does it happen (show up) because I'm not connected to the data network all the time?

MG
    No, I don't think so. I guess you could send a log and make some notes in it to describe what you're seeing.

Marc
    Quote Originally Posted by jmgilliam
    Also Is there a shortcut to tell it to fetch mail without hitting menu and then quick sync?
    Yes, go to Menu -> Pref -> Preferences and tap on Buttons. Then set the one of the Hard Buttons (like Hard Button 3, which is the Email button) to QuickSync. When you press the Email hard button while in Chatter, it'll do a QuickSync in whatever mailbox you're currently viewing.

(Alternately, you can set the hard button to QuickSync All, which will QuickSync all your mailboxes at once, not just the one you're viewing.)

HTH