1.    #1  
    Yesterday, I noticed my battery life wasn't all that great on my 650, especially after internet use. What are the best ways to save battery life? (I also try to keep it charged when i'm just sitting around the apartment, and charge it overnight).
    Get profilecare..... It is the BEST program for saving your battery.

d
  3. lua
    if you feel comfortable enough with lowering the brightness of the lcd, that should be the first thing to consider. next would be turning the bluetooth off if it is not used often. these are the two main battery zapper afaikafaikafaik.
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
    Also, turn off Beam Receive.
    Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
  5.    #5  
    Thanks for your responses!
    One more question:how do I change the brightness of the screen? Thanks, again.
    I pop my Treo in the cradle about once a week. It's GSM however so it has about a 50% advantage over the CDMA models. Of course how much you have that screen lit and how much yoiu blabber are the biggets impacts.

A search of the forum will bring up several threads where peeps listed various programs which just eat up battery life....the ones that actively monitor and do things....like check for e-mail every 60 seconds consume both memory and battery life.
    If I'm running low on my battery, and don't need instant email, I "shut down and disconnect" Chatteremail.
    Palm V-->Visor Deluxe-->Visor Prism-->Visorphone-->Treo 180-->Treo 600-->Treo 650 on Sprint-->Treo 700p-->Centro-->Diamond-->Pre-->HTC EVO 4g???!
  8.    #8  
    That's a great point-I have my email being constantly checked-probably my biggest problem. Thanks for the reminder.
    Yep, anything that uses the radio (data connection or phone calls) really uses up the batter other than that, the brightness of the screen (which has been mentioned).

Do you have the light on the keyboard turned off during the day? That should help some. There is a program called KeyShades (and KeyShades Light) that does that.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
  10. lua
    Quote Originally Posted by brianarodgers
    Thanks for your responses!
    One more question:how do I change the brightness of the screen? Thanks, again.
    press "option" (the one with the big black dot, not the "shift" key, mind you), then the "p" key.
    IIIx to Treo650. Now that's Quantum Leap.
  11.    #11  
    With KeyShades, is it just a matter of typing in a schedule, to have the lights come back on?
    I turn off my radio each night at 11 and on again at 5. You can accomplish this with a free app, RadioControl, found here:

http://www.clanhobbs.org/treo/?q=nod...8bda591eddbc51
    I've heard that polar bear steaks are tough, but maybe if you marinated them in beer they'd turn out all right.