1.    #1  
    I notice this morning that PalmPDF 1.0rc2 was deleted from my Treo!! I didn't do it.

It was set up with most of the PAlmPDF moved to the SD card, leaving the stub to handle PDF downloads and attachments.

I also have DTG installed. That is my primary suspect as it may be fighting with PalmPDF for the .pdf extension association.

Anyhow, I cleaned up the associations with Resco Explorer and re-installed PalmPDF.

I'll have to keep an eagle-eye on this. Such "lost" associations can be the cause or resets that result in lost preferences....
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
    PalmPDF is one reason I have not upgraded DTG. Was PalmPDF deleted from your SD card, or was just the stub in RAM gone?
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  3.    #3  
    Just the stub in the RAM was gone. It's back there now after a re-install og PalmPDF.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    this has happened to me twice in a 2 week period already, I think it's a bug because all the previous versions never did this,i have DTG via powerrun installed so it's not "in" RAM when this occurs, strange .
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
  5.    #5  
    Let's report this to the author.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    You using ZLauncher or what?

Sometimes I've found when a program crashes (usually Phoienix for me) the in-ram shortcut disapears. Gotta rescan for applications and it's back.

I've also gotten to where I back up the Phoinix files often, as this usually nukes 'em.. :-/
  7.    #7  
    I am using the stock Palm Applications launcher.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    er.... there's a ram stub with the Palm launcher? So the program was still in /palm/launcher but didn't show up in the card category? Now I'm confused.

Did it crash last time you used it? Maybe the default launcher has a similar bug to the one I encounter every so often with ZLauncher.
  9.    #9  
    PalmPDF allows one to copy most of it's executable to the card, leaving a stub in RAM. This function is independent of palm's Applications launcher. This lets PalmPDF act as the default application for opening downloaded PDF files. It's sort of like DTG loading it's applications to the cardwhile leaving a small application in RAM to handle it's application extensions.

What happened is that the part of PalmPDF that resides in RAM was deleted from RAM. I don't know why or by whom!

It gets worse. Today, my memo database was gone. After a reset, the 4cast application was missing from RAM.

I restored from last night's backup. But I am very nervous. There is something vevy vevy scwewy going on here (a la Elmer Fudd).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    How do you have DTG installed? Just "Documents" in RAM and the rest on the SD card? I'm wondering if there's a conflict between DTG and PalmPDF in terms of the default PDF file handler. Not that I know how this could cause the problems you have experienced...
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  11.    #11  
    Yes, DTG and PalmPDF are both mostly on the SD card with just the stubs in RAM. The componenets were moved to the card using each software's menu (not using any 3rd party launcher).
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    I'm having this same problem on my treo 650 with palmpdf version 1.4. Is anyone else also having this problem? Are there any known causes or solutions?
    Me too have experienced it now running PalmPDF directly from card alone.

- $5
    noticed the same thing, one the same day. must have been in the app itself
    I have both DTG and Palm PDF installed and have noted no interference. Ben
    do you have it on the card or ram? I have both installed now on my 700, and they seem fine, but I have palmpdf in RAM though, any 650 users have it in RAM as well with no issue?
    !! uNo.....DoS.....tReO!!

http://www.myspace.com/ljj8503
    I installed palmpdf for the first time yesterday and used the app itself to move fonts and the engine into my SD card. One day later, while backing up my treo650 using backupman, I noticed an error backing up palmpdf.

When I tried to open the palmpdf app, a message popped up saying system error or something, cannot open palmpdf. Next thing I know, the palmpdf app disappeared from my device.

I do not have any other programs the open pdf documents on my treo and I do not use documentstogo. So, there seems to be a bug with palmpdf on the treo650.

Anyway, I've just reinstalled palmpdf but I've left it entirely in RAM. Let's see what happens after a day or two, and I will use zlauncher instead to move the entire app into card. Let's then see if that works.

BTW, I'm using the latest version 1.4 of palmpdf.