Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    4.8 is compatible with 5.5, 2000 and 2003. Are you running Active Directory?
    Global Posts
    341 Global Posts
    Yes we do.
    Quote Originally Posted by beekatt
    Does anyone know of a bug where the backlight of the Treo 700w goes on at random? I mean completely at random... not even holding the device... it's sitting on the coffee table and bam, the light comes on.

I hate to say this, but this wasn't happening until today, when I installed GoodLink 4.7.

Thoughts?

Brian
    Does anyone have any further word on this? I too am having this problem -- just found GoodLink today and am totally in love with it... that was until I laid down in bed and then wondered who turned on the flood light on my 700w. Guess I'll have to bury it under stuff until someone figures this light issue out -- it is really annoying.

Thanks!
    Let me check on the lighting issue and see if anyone has heard anything.
    I had to install GoodLink for my company email. It was not a problem, and everything seemed to work fine. I had originally stored all my personal contacts in the pocket office contacts file. I ran the update for my phone from the palm website, and what ever it changed allowed GoodLink to take over the office contacts. Now I have lost all of my personal contacts. The file still exists somewhere in the PDA (Can't find it). When I Sort the Call Log - "By Caller". It sorts the calls using that list, even though I can't see a number unless someone has called.

I don't mine using GoodLink and I don't mind using Pocket Office, I just want to use them both! GoodLink should not take over any of the Pocket Office.

Does anyone know a work around for this? I would at the least like to get my personal contacts back but I can't find the file that it uses to store them.

I changed the name of the GoodLink contacts file hoping the Treo would revert back to using the office contacts file so I could at least capture all of my contacts before renaming but instead it just came up with an error.

I have a Treo 700w.

PLEASE HELP!
    Last edited by kimblewj; 08/24/2006 at 11:42 AM. Reason: Add Treo
    Global Posts
    66 Global Posts
    when you said you did the update from palm do you mean you did the ROM update???

if so the rom update wipes the unit completely

and then when you re0install goodlink, goodlink just takes everything from your company e-mail application (domino, or exchange) and downloads it onto your device

as far as goodlink taking over, thats the whole point, if you dont want to use it for your email, thne you shouldnt be installing it. but if you must you can assign your default applications and buttons in the settings of the device

goodlink doesnt delete anything frmo your device
    Quote Originally Posted by kimblewj View Post
    I had to install GoodLink for my company email. It was not a problem, and everything seemed to work fine. I had originally stored all my personal contacts in the pocket office contacts file. I ran the update for my phone from the palm website, and what ever it changed allowed GoodLink to take over the office contacts. Now I have lost all of my personal contacts. The file still exists somewhere in the PDA (Can't find it). When I Sort the Call Log - "By Caller". It sorts the calls using that list, even though I can't see a number unless someone has called.

I don't mine using GoodLink and I don't mind using Pocket Office, I just want to use them both! GoodLink should not take over any of the Pocket Office.

Does anyone know a work around for this? I would at the least like to get my personal contacts back but I can't find the file that it uses to store them.

I changed the name of the GoodLink contacts file hoping the Treo would revert back to using the office contacts file so I could at least capture all of my contacts before renaming but instead it just came up with an error.

I have a Treo 700w.

PLEASE HELP!
    If your contacts are on Exchange, therefore in Outlook, they are automatically synced to your phone when it is provisioned with Good Mobile Messaging.

What update are you referring to?
    Quote Originally Posted by GoodGuy View Post
    If your contacts are on Exchange, therefore in Outlook, they are automatically synced to your phone when it is provisioned with Good Mobile Messaging.

What update are you referring to?
    Goodguy,

The contacts that I wish to have back, I entered personally into the phone when I first got it (in the pocket office - default contacts).

The update was the verizon 1.10, that I downloaded from the palm website.

I had the phone for a month or so and added good link. At that point it was fine. Goodlink did not take over the contacts. If I tried to use the contacts through the today screen (menu->contacts) it would open the good link contacts which are synced with my email contacts at work. That is still fine because I coud open (Programs->Pocket Office->Contacts) and still get my original contacts that I had entered in the phone.

After running the updater.exe downloaded from the palm site for 700w. Then running the update using activesync, Goodlink took over my contacts in the pocket office folder too.

I know the contacts (pocket office) that I am trying to get back still exist within the phone, they were not deleted. I just don't know the file. If i go to (calllog->sort by caller) it opens that list (however I can't get the numbers from it unless that person has called within the limit of the log). Also when someone from my original list calls the phone (voice enabled) will announce who is calling but won't display it as a known incoming call, it displays it as a unknown caller.

I don't want to get rid of goodlink, I don't mind it what so ever. I just want my original contacts back.
    Last edited by kimblewj; 08/28/2006 at 09:08 AM.
    Hi All,
    I've just installed GL on my Verizon 700w (v4.8.1.14_en) OS: Windows Mobile 5.0 ver 5.1.195 build 14929.2.2.1) this is what you get with the latest Treo 700w update.

I have three other Email accounts being synched to this device and I have a huge list of contacts. I prefer to use this as my contact list. I saw a few tricks to get this to work for 650, does anyone know a fix for 700w.

Overall the app is pretty nice but I hope someone here can help me to resolve a few issues.

1. As soon as I installed GL my contact list is no longer visible. Ok no problem I synched it through the exchange server (I'm not happy about this, there are a lot of contacts there I do not want on the company server).

2. I've lost the All my speed dials -- worse I see them set up correctly in the speed dial options, but when I press the speed dial I get a completely different contact being launched.

3. Messaging link will go to the last account touched. If it's one of the other accounts I can switch between them easily. If it's GL I have to twist my way into the rest of my accounts. Is there a way I can make my other accounts coexist with GL?

4. For the rest of my accounts I can choose for how long to keep my Email on the device. I have my laptop to maintain the Email bloat, I just want the last three weeks or so on the device.

when replying please copy me at "nrapo at crosswinds.net"

Thank You In Advance,

Nick
    Nick,

You have the exact same problem I have. I still have not found a solution as of yet, nor has anyone on the forum. I am interested as to how you twist your way to other accounts. My “new” contacts are synced through work, which I don’t need 70% of them. I want my “original” contacts and so far, the only way I have found to even come close to these contacts was by viewing the call log and sort by caller, however that will only give you the contacts that have called or you have called.

If you find anything or make any advances in this issue please keep me/the forum posted, there seems to be more and more people every day posting with this same problem.
    Hi William,

I've added the Pocket Outlook to the start menu. If you go to the Pocket Outlook->Messaging that will point to the POP3 (non GL) accounts. Pocket Outlook->Contacts will point to the "old" Original contacts.
    The Speed Dials are also pointing to the old contacts.

What the GL folks aught to do is allow us to include the original phone contact list as base and extend it with any Exchange contact lists we want. This will repair all the issues on the devices since GL and all the rest of the software will point to the same folder.

Thanks,

Nick
    Quote Originally Posted by nrapopor View Post
    Hi William,

I've added the Pocket Outlook to the start menu. If you go to the Pocket Outlook->Messaging that will point to the POP3 (non GL) accounts. Pocket Outlook->Contacts will point to the "old" Original contacts.
    The Speed Dials are also pointing to the old contacts.

What the GL folks aught to do is allow us to include the original phone contact list as base and extend it with any Exchange contact lists we want. This will repair all the issues on the devices since GL and all the rest of the software will point to the same folder.

Thanks,

Nick
    I already have Pocket Outlook on the start menu. If I click on any of the applications it opens the GL versions. Not the Pocket Outlook Ones. I know the old contacts are still on my phone. I can even access the list, but not the numbers. If I could just get to the list of numbers I would be extremly happy just for not loosing my contacts.
    I want to make sure I understood you correctly. You're on Verzion and you've done the latest patch (700W-1.10-VZW) thats in Settings->System->About->Phone->Sotware version. If you go through the Start->Pocket Outlook->Contacts (not Menu->Contacts) that brings you to the contacts for GoodLink?

Also try adding new speed dial: Menu->New Speed Dial->Link to Contact that should bring you to the old contacts list.

Finally you coud use ActiveSync to extract your contacts. Just make sure before you sync to set the phone version to override the contacts in your Outlook.

HTH

Nick
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345