1.    #1  
    Hi, are there any spell checking applications that can work like the Ptunes console? Hit a button and it goes ontop of the application youre currently in?

Im looking for a spell checker that I can use while on the internet, or in side my E-mail app without having to copy/paste it all into lex spell/docs to go.
    You can solve 99% of the Treo's problems with a hard reset.
    TexPlus Anywhere is frequently mentioned in these forums. If you do a search, I'm sure you'll find more and some opinions.

Good Luck
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    Take a look at lexspell. Menu+backspace brings up the spell-check screen in any app.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    spellcheck search MTDN for it
    Treoing & Loving it
    Was pleasantly surprised to find that the Belkis EnglishPro dictionary I scored as a free DL with the latest Docs2Go upgrade does this. I get a fully functional console pop up accessible through the shortcut/menu bar. Allows manual spell check in any app.
    Visor-->Visor Phone-->Treo 180-->Treo 270-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700P-->Treo 755P-->Centro-->Pre+-->Pre 2
    I use Quick Check and Quick Spell from www.mobi-systems.com.

Quick Check underlines misspelled words in all text fields of all apps.

Quick Spell brings up a small dialog when you press a specific key combination (which you select from a few options) and allows you to correct misspelled words.

Both applications allow you to select from a number of available dictionaries which vary in size, and all dictionaries can be easily added to.
    SlovoEd Dictionary has the Menu+backspace functionality too, bringing up a window at the bottom of the screen. It will also automatically search the word you have just previously typed in a standard text box. You can also select the option to automatically paste in the contents of the clipboard too. I use it and it works well.
    HP Pre 3 (UK)
    Quote Originally Posted by pdxtreo
    Was pleasantly surprised to find that the Belkis EnglishPro dictionary I scored as a free DL with the latest Docs2Go upgrade does this. I get a fully functional console pop up accessible through the shortcut/menu bar. Allows manual spell check in any app.
    How do you re-download this?

I opened DTG on my PC and chose to re-install Treo applications from there (I was re-building after a hard reset). I can spell-check in Word-to-go but don't see spelling in other applications.
    --
    Aloke
    Cingular GSM
    Software:Treo650-1.17-CNG
    Firmware:01.51 Hardware:A
  9.    #9  
    My DTG also doesn't have a spell checker that operates in other applications.

I just installed the LexSpell trial and its saying I need to swipe a diaginal line in my grafitii area to activate spell checking... but I have a Treo? is there some option i've over looked?
    You can solve 99% of the Treo's problems with a hard reset.
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I tried to download this but I get a message that it is currently unavailable?
    The "Buy" version is temporarily unavailable but the trial download seems to work. Mayb eteh finacial side of the site is down.
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Spell check for Treo, including GoodLink email spelling:

http://www.beiks.com/lexspell

It has a graphical tutorial on how to get it done:

http://www.beiks.com/palmzonebg/lexs...spell.asp?pm=1
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by kolev View Post
    Spell check for Treo, including GoodLink email spelling:

http://www.beiks.com/lexspell

It has a graphical tutorial on how to get it done:

http://www.beiks.com/palmzonebg/lexs...spell.asp?pm=1

can someone confirm that this works in the current version of good?

I have quickspell and somehow good is blocking it.

I'll gladly fork over the money for the beiks thing but want to make sure it works first.

off to find if there's a trial download....
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    can someone confirm that this works in the current version of good?

I have quickspell and somehow good is blocking it.

I'll gladly fork over the money for the beiks thing but want to make sure it works first.

off to find if there's a trial download....
    It was made to work with Good, but in all honesty I can't claim I know it works with the most recent Good version.

On the other hand, we have not heard any complaints about ceased functionality and given the fact we know for sure we have installations particularily on Good powered Treos I have good reasons to believe it does work.

Either way, it does have trial download...let us know what you find :-)
    Bobby Kolev
    BEIKS LLC
    www.beiks.com
    mobile.beiks.com
    "A Pocket Full Of Knowledge"
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    I'm working on installing the trial now- thanks- I'll report back if it doesn't work.

The release notes in the trial say something like adding your own words to the dictionary is all set to go in the next version but it's not in this one. Any word on if or when that release might occur? Looks like it's been some time since an update was released?

I'm in a technical profession so my emails are laced with off the wall words- so the ability to learn would be nice. I added scores (probably hundreds) of words to quickspells dictionary
    Global Posts
    29 Global Posts
    Hmm...it's been a while since I last played with LexSpell on Palm, but I am almost ready to swear we've had custom vocabulary for years.

Perhaps the *simulatenous* check in more than one lexicon, which we miss for ages is the one you are referring to.

But the user words should be there.

One more thing that needs to be added is the local context of the misspelled word...that is probably the single most important thing a user could ask...but then again...you are the user, you let us know :-)
    Bobby Kolev
    BEIKS LLC
    www.beiks.com
    mobile.beiks.com
    "A Pocket Full Of Knowledge"
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    well first time wasn't good.

Open compose mail in good.

type some joborish.

hit menu and then period and BAMMO reset.

let it do it's thing and then try again and all's well. (and yes you can add words to the dictionary)

So I'll play my 28 more times to be sure and then buy it.

Thanks!
    I use LexSpell on my 700p.
    Global Posts
    683 Global Posts
    Hello Bobby Kolev,
    Anyway to combine the BDicty and Lexspell lexicons?
    I have a few on my SD card for BDicty, and now this one on my unit.
    I would like to use the pro version from my card for both BDicty, and Lexspell.
    Thanks
    JW
    JW