1.    #1  
    I was getting a blinking orange LED but my alerts were empty and there was no other obvious message waiting or anything. I tried resetting the LED in Butler but it continued to blink orange. I turned off the phone - no change. So I soft reset the device.

It reset twice and came back up having lost the prefs. Also, it not longer recognizes the SD card and asks to format it when I put it in the treo. Putting it in my card reader, windows also tells me it is not formatted.

I have a program that can recover .jpg's from the raw data on a card, but does anyone who had faced this problem know of a program that will recover all the data from the raw data on the card?
    Ouch, and you have no backup on your PC? Good luck, hope you have a good recovery.
    Put the card in a card reader and try Ontrack EasyRecovery Professional. I've just tried it to be sure and it sees the card as a FAT partition so you can try to recover your data... Good Luck !
    Global Posts
    292 Global Posts
    Never heard of such a thing, did you try the card in other readers?
  5.    #5  
    Well I started off using a recovery tool from a popular company (can't think of the name now) which found all my files - but it was sort of a bait and switch because after it found all my files it wanted me to pay (I thought it was time trial!) before recovering it. I ended that and found a few other programs, but none of them can find anything anymore. It seems the first try was destructive to my data.

arg. Oh well. I guess it's back to square one. At least I had my prefs backed up on my computer.
  6.    #6  
    Okay now I have the blinking orange LED again ... according to palm that means I'm out of the coverage area. Yet I'm sitting here talking on verichat and ... ooo it just reset it self ....

looks like I still have my prefs and everything is back to normal.

Can anyone explain the flashing orange LED anonomly?
    Blinking orange light is out of coverage or low signal.

Verichat sometimes loses sight of its server connections and tries to recover. It happens to me too but I am using GSM TMo. I don't know why or what would cause your phone to reset.
    Global Posts
    220 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by d1hamby
    Never heard of such a thing, did you try the card in other readers?
    Second this.. I had a 2Gb card go hay-wire on me (with twenty pics from Christmas morning). It was dead in the Treo, in my digicam and my home PC multi card reader...but I recovered all the pics on my office card reader. Go figure...
    Technology Rules!
    Treo 600 -> Treo 650 -> Palm Centro
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeM
    Second this.. I had a 2Gb card go hay-wire on me (with twenty pics from Christmas morning). It was dead in the Treo, in my digicam and my home PC multi card reader...but I recovered all the pics on my office card reader. Go figure...
    That's good to hear, I thought you completely lost it. Any difference between your office card reader and home? OS version and PC?

Does that mean your dead card is really not dead but just has compatibility issues?