1.    #1  
    i have the 5.99 t-mobileweb (aka tzones) and was wondering if SSH would go through. if so how do i configure it and which app should i use?
    You can use pssh or TuSSH (one or both available in the downloads section at mytreo.net). Check the readme files that come with these apps for configuration help.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by shneor
    You can use pssh or TuSSH (one or both available in the downloads section at mytreo.net). Check the readme files that come with these apps for configuration help.
    i have both of those programs but it does not connect. i'm guessing that the ports are blocked?
    Quote Originally Posted by lenso
    i have both of those programs but it does not connect. i'm guessing that the ports are blocked?
    That's what I think. However, I've read that if you use the right proxy (and I don't know what it is) you may still be able to get them to work.

I've always had the $20 a month unlimited data plan. Everything works, no blocked ports.
    Shneor
    Pre 3 on T-Mobile, 32gb Touchpad
    Quote Originally Posted by lenso
    Yes, port 22 is blocked on the $5.99 plan (at least for most folks). You can work around it by running an SSH server somewhere that listens on a different port that is open, such as 110.

As far as I know, the open ports are:

25,110,143,993,995,8080 (t-mo proxy only?)

-HoB
  6.    #6  
    its not my ssh server so i can't config it. are there any ssh programs out there that allows input of a proxy? if so i can set up a proxy on my work machine to forward to port 22. thanks for the list of open ports btw.