1.    #1  
    Does anyone have any clues as to what these do and what may be causing this error? And before you ask... Yes I have Searched...

I use a Treo 650 and recently started using BackupBuddy (BB) to perform more through backups and have been consistently getting the following error lines in the HotSync Log.

"BackupBuddy failed to backup DB Queries [C='QRYS' T='DATA'] due to: Failed to retrieve database from handheld"

"BackupBuddy failed differential back up of Queries from QRYS due to: DATA"

they both appear in the log but the 2nd one is listed near the bottom in the summary-like section and represent the same issue. I have talked to BB Support. They were extremely helpful but we were not able to isolate or solve the issue. It does not appear to be a BackupBuddy issue but a Palm Issue. Somehow the Queries Database gets corrupted and then does not communicate with HotSync / BB. I have done a ZoomBack Restore using BB and have corrected the error but after the next HotSync it reappears. Also I don't believe it's a "Share Conduit" issue as I have check this setting in WirelessSync and all other conduits, including the very troublesome Outlook conduits, and they have been working fine. I have not noticed any problems with my 650 but the error is annoying and disconcerting and I would like to finally solve it.
    Sorry, can't help you, I stopped using BackupBuddy but still use BackUpBuddyFVS which backs up to the SD card. I know that BB's presense during a ROM upgrade is one sure fire way to mess things up. If I was going to disable it for a ROM upgrade I fufured why have it.

I still have stubborn problem with a Memo DB file during ROM upogrades. Seems when the restore from HotSync after the ROM upgrade wipes everything and HotSync tries to put back, the rstore always fails on a Memo DB file. My practice now is to delete all memo db files since I never write memos on th thing anyway.

If you can't trackdown those files using a web search or soemthing like northglide's cleanup, you might want to back up those two files to your SD card and then delete them from internal memory and see if they 1) are needed and 2) get rebuilt.
  3.    #3  
    JackNaylorPE

Thanks for the advise... interesting that you have quit using BB. The main reason I started using it was that I was tired of going back and resetting preferences and reinstalling some Apps after an update or hard reset. I assume BB-VFS would solve this too but I do not use a removable card... yet! Anyway... I had tried to delete the DB before but after your suggestion I tried it once again without luck... I get the error "Database: Already Open (DM0205) Queries" doing some digging with northglides uninstaller and cleanup Apps I found that the QueriesDB is part of an app called... what else... QueriesApp... which is monitored by the Phone App. I have tried turning off the phone and deleting but that does not help. I have even tried to uninstall the QueriesApp with uninstaller and the the screen flashes as if it were going to deleate but nothing happens and it is still listed. BTW in cleanup the only "Queries" entry listed is the QueriesDB... it was with uninstaller that I was able to track down the other info related to "QueriesAPP" and "Phone"

I have come to the conclution (right or wrong?) that the QueriesDB is not critical to the 650's operation and that it is one of the DB's that Palm does not backup because if I disable BB and run a HotSyn there are no errors listed and the log states that HotSync was successful, but I still wish I could some how correct this.
    I think the only solution will eb found at Bluenomad and palm....do these db's appear in your BB folder on your desktop ?
    I think the only solution will be found at Bluenomad and Palm....do these db's appear in your BB folder on your desktop ? Maybe delete them on the desktop or better yet save them to another folder, then delete and then HotSync.
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by JackNaylorPE
    I think the only solution will be found at Bluenomad and Palm....do these db's appear in your BB folder on your desktop ? Maybe delete them on the desktop or better yet save them to another folder, then delete and then HotSync.
    I'll give this a try...